“So many better options in PV!”
Review of Amimodo

Amimodo
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: the Amimodo restaurant is located in front the beach.We have a different kind of special home made dishes ,celiacs pastas and veggetarian food. Friendly service....special for family and lovers!
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Pizza and salad were okay, pasta was inedible and smelled/tasted like fish although it was supposed to be vegetarian. Prices are on the high side. You can dine on the beach but you'll get eaten alive by all of the critters. Too many flies around the food for my taste. Sketchy bathrooms.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I shared a very nice mixed salad and a large vegetarian pizza...and a half carafe of red wine. The salad and pizza portions were very generous and good. We couldnt eat it all and took 4 slices to go! The service was excellent, prompt and attentive, which is not the usual here in CR. best of all the setting, along the beach with the sound of the waves. It doesn't come cheap-$60 without dessert or coffee, but truthfully the wine (almost $20) inflated the bill. I'd go back!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I visited " A mi modo" several times on my life because the food and quality were really good.
Unfortunately this last time that we went the things changed very much.
We had eggplant parmesan and wasn't the same amazing appetizer that we remember.
After that we choose a Pizza, because at least is a very simple thing and you're not expecting nothing incredibly good.
Another thing that happens with this place (and many others on PV) they don't includes the 13% of CRs sale tax on menu price list, that's illegal. But anyway is not a place to visit on PV.
The only two things that I cant recommend of this place is the service and the ambience.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I had eaten at A Mi Modo a few times before in the last 5 years and was always happy with the food. The prices have always been expensive, but the food was worth it.

This last trip, I was all watered up for an appetizer that I had eaten before, but it just wasn't the same. $8.50 for two small rolls of eggplant with tomato sauce and very little cheese was pretty outrageous. Then you add 23% for tax and tip? Ridiculous. We also had a pizza that was half salmon and half veggies with ham, and were also disappointed with the relation between quality and price. $25 (+23%) for a medium pizza with canned vegetables and low quality ham and smoked salmon. The crust was delicious, but that doesn't justify the price.

On the upside, the ambiance is superb and the service is friendly though a bit slow. I would recommend having a few beers out at one of their beachside tables and then heading somewhere else for dinner.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Unfortunately this last time that we went the things changed very much.
Another thing that happens with this place (and many others on PV) they don't includes the 13% of CRs sale tax on the bill, that's illegal. But anyway is not a place to visit on PV.