“An Very Good Dining Experience”
Review of Amimodo

Amimodo
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: the Amimodo restaurant is located in front the beach.We have a different kind of special home made dishes ,celiacs pastas and veggetarian food. Friendly service....special for family and lovers!
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have wanted to eat at this restaurant for years, we now live in Puerto Viejo but have vacationed here for 5~6 years previously, don't know why it took us so long. It was certainly worth the wait.

The restaurant itself is beautiful with a choice of indoor or outdoor beach seating, We were a party of four and were promptly seated and given menus, the choices were overwhelming! The drink orders followed quickly and it took almost no time for us to get them.

The wives both ordered eggplant Parmesan off the appetizers menu and split a dinner salad, the servings were large enough to serve as their main entrees. My friend had the red snapper filet, it was a very generous portion and cooked to perfection. I ordered the gnocchi stuffed with spinach and ricotta...heaven on a plate. I can't wait to try the carpaccio on my next trip!

Prices are in line with the quality of the food and the service, you can dine cheaper in PV but you will not have the same dining experience. This place "is a keeper" as my wife says,

There are newer reviews for Amimodo

Reviewed March 11, 2013

well known locally and recommended by ex-pats. Great pizza and italian dishes. very nice inside, great outdoor seating and patio seating. nice ambience. great pina coladas. We had a pear and cheese plate with balsamic reduction to start which was delicious. several different cheese. the garlic bread was very good. We had a 4 cheese pizza which we enjoyed. they have some cute thatched roof tables in the garden. very cozy setting where you can hear the waves. Would definitely go here again.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We actually ate here twice, two nights in a row, first with our team, then second with all of our group together. The food was well made, Certainly of Italian standards which was a pleasant surprise to find in Costa Rica. Do try the Gnocchi which is not your ordinary Gnocchi.

Our server was a gem and made everyone feel welcome. It was a short cab ride from our hotel, La Costa de Papito, too far to walk in the dark at night but for 2000 colones, worth the trip. I would certainly return next time.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My friends and I ended up eating here 2 nights during our stay because we enjoyed the first experience so much. Their gnocci and spaghetti with gorgonzola are as good, if not better, than I've eaten at some high end Italian restaurants in Manhattan. This restaurant is pricey for the area but the food is worth the splurge. Service is not fast but the atmosphere is great and there are far worse things then taking in the view and listening to the waves while you wait.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had not been to Amimodo in about 2 years and was hoping for an improvement. There was no one else in the restaurant when our party of four arrived. It took at least 5 minutes before we were acknowledged ,after giving a drink order of one beer, one tea , one club soda and a sambuca on the rocks another 10 minutes passed before our drinks were served (remember there were no other customers). I ordered a small pizza and my wife ordered an eggplant app.
Another 20 mins passed. Our food arrived the eggplant was good the pizza not memorable ,over sauced and the crust tasted like it came out of a box. Bad service okay food $41.00 for a small pizza and 3 pcs of eggplant .There are many choices of restaurants in Puerto Veijo this should not be one of them. Want pizza try Marcos Pizzeria in Playa Negra a much better choice.