“Beautiful location, wonderful food and excellent service!”
Review of Chile Rojo

Chile Rojo
Cuisines: Japanese, Latin, Sushi, Asian, Thai, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Beautiful location, wonderful food and excellent service!”
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Don't miss out on this wonderful place when visiting Puerto Viejo. I was seated at a table overlooking the village. As a vegetarian you have plenty of choice on the menu. I had the vegetarian curry, the best I ever tasted. Drinks were cheap as I got two Mojito's for the price of one during Happy Hour. The service was quick en high standard. As I was so enthusiastic about the food the owner (Andrew) offered me a free samosa. At the bar I met locals which shows how relaxt the atmosphere is. Even the staff takes time to get to know you. I surely will come back.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
“Great food ,excelant service”
Reviewed September 27, 2010

The service is exat alent.
I love the food ,the curry chicken,everything almost is my favorite.
The atmosphere ,is great very calm and nice,the owner is very freindly.
They also have exalent sushi dish,and alot more.
The servers are exalent, and they are Bilengual.

Chicago, Illinois
“Great Place, Great Food & Great Owner”
Reviewed September 19, 2010

In June, during the World Cub, our family literally made Chile Rojo our home base to watch the US games. The owner and staff were extremely friendly and accomodating. The food and drinks were good and reasonably priced. The large HD TV was excellent and sofas were relaxing. If you go to Puerto Viejo make sure you stop-in and say hi to Andrew and then sit down, relax and have a fun time.

Herradura, Costa Rica
“Cute Place, Great Sushi and Service”
Reviewed June 5, 2010

We ate here our first night in Puerto Viejo. We were tired from travelling all day, and STARVING. Anyway, the food was great. Our table had sushi as well as meals. I had the ahi tuna, which was fabulous. Drinks were cheap too, as it was happy hour. Place is on the second floor, so you can overlook the town as you eat. Service was super friendly.

San Francisco
“Do something nice for your belly....eat at Chile Rojo”
Reviewed May 9, 2010

This is what travel is about: great people, great service, and great owner. Andrew has been all over the world absorbing culture/cuisine and has brought it together in this wonderful spot in Puerto Viejo. I'm usually turned off at the thought of "fusion" as some kind of phony trendy cuisine but its not like that at Chile Rojo. Andrew thinks about his ingredients in a way where it makes perfect sense and the flavors will burst in your mouth! I'm actually surprised about some of the poor service comments. I just think some segment of travelers that want to be waited on hand and foot and i've seen many travelers treat service people poorly. And if there really was a problem, you can talk to Andrew and he will fix it for sure.

This is a wonderful place for people of all ages and backgrounds. I'm looking forward to next time when I can bring my friends there so we can eat well and have a good time.