“Do something nice for your belly....eat at Chile Rojo”
Review of Chile Rojo

Chile Rojo
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
San Francisco
“Do something nice for your belly....eat at Chile Rojo”
Reviewed May 9, 2010

This is what travel is about: great people, great service, and great owner. Andrew has been all over the world absorbing culture/cuisine and has brought it together in this wonderful spot in Puerto Viejo. I'm usually turned off at the thought of "fusion" as some kind of phony trendy cuisine but its not like that at Chile Rojo. Andrew thinks about his ingredients in a way where it makes perfect sense and the flavors will burst in your mouth! I'm actually surprised about some of the poor service comments. I just think some segment of travelers that want to be waited on hand and foot and i've seen many travelers treat service people poorly. And if there really was a problem, you can talk to Andrew and he will fix it for sure.

This is a wonderful place for people of all ages and backgrounds. I'm looking forward to next time when I can bring my friends there so we can eat well and have a good time.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Madrid, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just... great!”
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I spent 15 amazing days at Puerto Viejo and most of the nights I dined at Chile Rojo. The food is very, very good and the service is even better. Best Sushi in America!

Peoria, Illinois
“Balcony dining”
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We actually had a lunch and a dinner during our one week stay in Puerto Viejo. The food was very good. On our dinner trip we had reorder about 3 times because they kept coming back to say they were out of whatever we had ordered from the nightly specials menu. That was sort of discouraging, but when we finally were able to order something we were satisfied with the selections. Before getting your heart set on something make sure they have it available.

Panama city, Panama
“Clueless server”
Reviewed January 2, 2010

We ate there and we stunned at how poor of a server we had. She was so spaced out and clueless about anything. After waiting for an hour for four food we asked to have it prepared to go. Very bad service.

st louis
“Always an enjoyable experience”
Reviewed December 1, 2009

From the first time I traveled to Puerto Viejo I have gone to Chile Rojo, even when the restaurant was much smaller. I have always enjoyed great meals and drinks. Beyond that the atmosphere is divine. I have not discovered anything on the menu I would not highly recommend. The owner, Andrew is extremely personable and sincere when "greeting, checking up on the table, or thanking us for coming."