“No thank you..!”
Review of Chile Rojo

Chile Rojo
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Amazing local fresh seafood & Sushi! Daily specials with fresh local fish ! A large selection of vegan & gluten free options
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was just getting to the area, and the place looks good because of being on a second floor and thought it will have a nice view, which was good, but the food and the service, not really.. I would not recommend this place..

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We have eaten many meals at Chili Rojo and have never been disappointed. Yesterday we had the General Pao Chicken and it was absolutely the best meal we have had in Costa Rica. Served with white rice and sizzling hot, it was wonderful. Very busy in Puerto Viejo due to being Easter weekend so we had a wonderful view of main street as about a dozen riders on horseback passed the restaurant. Thanks to a great host, Andrew, and staff for a great afternoon.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I am an avid fan of middle eastern food, which can be hard to find in Central America. I was very pleased with the lentil falafal and hummous at Chile Rojo. They offer nightly specials, including on Monday an all-you-can-eat sushi buffet that is popular. The atmosphere here is slightly upbeat without losing the Caribbean laid-back attitude.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I went here twice during my trip to puerto viejo . The first time was very good, nice atmosphere, good appetizers and we ordered the special probably the best value in town. Second time I went there we did the same thing only everything was miserable . The meal was terrible there was more tofu in my chicken burrito than chicken and that night we both got sick. I have been bed ridden the last two days ! Not something you want to happen on your last couple days in paradise. I say stay away.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I'm in Puerto Viejo right now and made the unfortunate mistake of eating at this place the other night. I will say the only thing I enjoyed about this restaurant was the atmosphere. I cannot say the same for the food however. Puerto Viejo is loaded with a ton of amazing restaurants, this was the ONLY one we have tried that was excellent. It wasn't even mediocre. If you visit this town, eat anywhere else but here. Don't even waste your time considering eating here. Terrible sushi worse that what you buy in the grocery store in the US, I sampled one of their thai dishes as well. I don't usually rip restaurants on tripadvisor, but this one deserved it.