We spent 2 weeks at El Nido near Playa Chiquita in April.
Paolo, Vittoria and Nina were the best hosts you could possibly ask for. They were there to take care of us and addressed anything that needed attention immediately. We felt well taken care of. We arrived after Easter Week and the entire coast had slowed downed considerably and we were the only guests most of the time.
The cabina was exactly as we had imagined. The grounds were beautiful and their gardener does an amazing job keeping it looking amazing. The cleaning lady was prompt and did a great job taking care of us.
We liked the location, being about halfway between PV and Manzanillo. There were great restaurants within walking distance and a grocery store was very close by. It's a 5 minute walk to Playa Chiquita and we spent a part of most days hanging out there. Late afternoons were often spent by the swimming pool on the premises.
If you want, Paolo and Vitorria will make you a homemade Italian dinner. We were able to enjoy that 3 times and enjoyed every one. We suggest the gnocchi that was made from scratch.
We had the cabina with the air conditioner and appreciated the ability to cool off as it was quite hot and humid while we were there.
We would not hesitate to recommend El Nido as a place to relax and kick up your feet if you're looking for a great place when you're in that area. Punta Uva to the South and Cocles and PV to the North are an easy bike ride away and we rented a couple of bikes for a week from the nearby grocery store.
We hope we'll be able to go back to visit this area again some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand New! Beautiful craftsman bungalows set in tropical gardens with salt water pool and jacuzzi. Bright and Spacious bungalows with king size bed, 300+ cotton sheets, kitchen and eating bar, TV/DVD, sofa bed, hot water and AC. Warm hospitality and full service tour booking. 200 m to gorgeous Playa Chiquita beach, 3and a half miles from lively Puerto Viejo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your El Nido Cabinas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Cabinas Hotel Puerto Viejo
- El Nido Cabinas Costa Rica/Limon