“A total surprise...in a good way”
Review of punta uva lounge - CLOSED

punta uva lounge
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Punt UVA beach is pretty much undeveloped and that's a good thing. Walking down from the nearby Toucan Stay Inn, I was surprised to find this very nice beach cafe and bar tucked into a tree and garden setting directly behind the beach. But the big revelation was the food. It's solid, delicious fare. I recommend the catch of the day there. It was a local mild white fish that was beautifully prepared and very reasonabe. I have a thing for mango shakes and I've had them all over the tropics from Thailand to Costa Rica. Carlos, makes the best one I have ever tasted and they are consistent, day to day. Carlos the manager is a delightful fellow who really takes pride in this place and it shows. it is one of my favorite places to eat in the Punts UVA area.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Punta Uva is a beautiful, uncrowded beach - plus you can wander down to the Lounge for spot-on frozen drinks. Nothing fancy, but it's what I wanted in a bar right off the beach. The drinks were generous, the texture was perfect. As we cooled our heels, a group of howler monkeys started putting on a show. Pura Vida at Punta Uva.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We went here twice and had very good, affordable lunches. The sandwiches were huge and very good tasty.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We ate here during long days chilling by the beach and it is the perfect combination of yummy food and delicious cocktails. It is one of the few good bars near a beach in the area so well worth a visit.

1  Thank Clarissa G
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Hidden little jewel of a eatery overlooking the ocean offers good prices, good service and good food. My wife and I went with a friend for an early dinner and were pleased with the results of our visit. They were out of fish, but the ceviche, my grilled shrimp and calamari entree made up for having run out of fish. My wife enjoyed her veggie sandwich but wished she had ordered my entree, and our friend ordered a salad with chicken which she reported enjoying. The service was very good and the view is excellent...worth the try!