We stayed at Kukula for 2 weeks, one week in the room and one at the house. It was truly enjoyable in both accomodations, comfy beds and very clean. Of course the house was the best as you had room to relax and enjoy nature and your private pool.
Every morning was the wake up call from the howler monkeys, several troups in the area that you could follow. We were lucky to have one troup right at Kukula and there was much drama as one fell off the tree. All was well and every day you could spot a sloth in some area or another within walking distance. The birds are next to contribute to your morning wake up call. It was amazing and confusing in trying to figure out the sounds of the jungle and see the all the birds! We had Tucans in the yard and numerous hummung birds posing for pictures.
The owners are truly passionate and welcoming, willing to assist in any way to make your stay amazing! Pepo, Sonia and staff thank you soo much! We truly miss your piece of paradise! The breakfast is huge and excellent! The beaches, restaurants and local market are within walking distance and all are very good.
The best part, this is not a party place, very quite and relaxing! We were in bed by 9 pretty much every night and up with the monkeys at 5:30. If you love nature and relaxation...this is the place to be!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Kukula Lodge is situated in Playa Chiquita/ Puerto Viejo, next to Refugio de Vida Silvestre de Gandoca-Manzanillo and Cahuita N.P.Built in 2008, La Kukula Lodge follows the principles of sustainable architecture and only plantation wood (teak) has been used in its construction. With its tropical-contemporary style, the bungalows blend naturally with the wooded surroundings: an ideal location to enjoy the flora and fauna the region has to offer. A simple path system running through the garden links each bungalow, the “rancho-bar” and the swimming pool. There are only 8 rooms available, all are very spacious and airy, with their own deck, fans, bathrooms and hot water from a hybrid solar/electric system. All rooms have fantastic views from private terraces onto the sylvan garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your La Kukula Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Kukula Hotel Puerto Viejo
- La Kukula Lodge Costa Rica/Limon