Truly remarkable hotel and staff. As a Costa Rican, there are few hotels I dare to call 'ecological'. There are lots of eco-labels out there, but most stay short of their green advertisement. Kukula is something else and you will know the second you walk-in. The lodge is located a few hundred meters from the main road, yet it feels like you have have into the wild rainforest. From Kukula you can find excellent food within walking distance, take a short hike to the pristine beach of Chiquita, wonder around watching sloths and monkeys, or just relax in the porch listening to the forest come alive around you. I can't wait to go back and if you are heading to the Caribbean, I recommend going to Kukula without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Kukula Lodge is situated in Playa Chiquita/ Puerto Viejo, next to Refugio de Vida Silvestre de Gandoca-Manzanillo and Cahuita N.P.Built in 2008, La Kukula Lodge follows the principles of sustainable architecture and only plantation wood (teak) has been used in its construction. With its tropical-contemporary style, the bungalows blend naturally with the wooded surroundings: an ideal location to enjoy the flora and fauna the region has to offer. A simple path system running through the garden links each bungalow, the “rancho-bar” and the swimming pool. There are only 8 rooms available, all are very spacious and airy, with their own deck, fans, bathrooms and hot water from a hybrid solar/electric system. All rooms have fantastic views from private terraces onto the sylvan garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your La Kukula Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Kukula Hotel Puerto Viejo
- La Kukula Lodge Costa Rica/Limon