“Lovely retreat and excellent service”
Review of Pure Jungle Spa

Pure Jungle Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Sense the magic of the rainforest with its mystery and allure. Start your Pure Jungle Spa experience by soaking your feet in an aromatic infusion of flowers and botanicals in a hand-hammered copper basin, while you sip our signature jungle elixir; smell exotic scents; feel the tropical oils massaged into your body; and hear the rhythms of birds and bugs with an occasional call from a toucan or the roar of a howler monkey.
Portland, Oregon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Lovely retreat and excellent service”
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I had an hour and a half massage here just a week or so ago and it was wonderful. The environment is lovely - lots of beautiful wood. Very peaceful too.
The massage itself was honestly one of the best I've had anywhere and it didn't hurt that I was listening to real jungle sounds and rain falling around us too!
Well worth the trip if you're in the area and would like some pampering.
I also got good advice on natural remedies for some bad mosquito bites (lavender and tea tree oil worked wonders!)

1 Thank rosegrrl

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great massage and yummy chocolate”
Reviewed March 9, 2010

I am no expert on massages but my husband and I had a couples massage here in the beginning of March and really enjoyed it. When we first got there we selected scents and soaked our feet and had a homemade ginger drink. They asked our preferences for level of pressure, etc. before beginning the massage. Then after the massage we had another refreshing drink and some homemade local chocolate that is the most delicious thing ever, I bought some after but wish I had bought lots more. prices here were about comparable to a massage anywehre else.

Redondo Beach, CA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Don't Miss this Jungle Gem!”
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Pure Awesomeness! Wow, wow, wow!

I did two different treatments at the Pure Jungle Spa. My husband and I were given a free couples massage courtesy of Eddie at La Costa de Papito. The entire experience was fantastic and exceeded all expectations. I have had many massages from different salons/spas in the US, and I really can't think of a better spa experience than the Pure Jungle Spa. My husband even loved it and he is not a big fan of massages.

The next day I went back for the Chocolate Decadence Body Scrub. Sandra did my treatment. It was so awesome and unique and left my skin feeling and smelling awesome all day.

It was clear that the staff were absolute professionals. That, in combination with the incredible jungle setting, and the "pura vida", tranquilo vibe, makes this Spa a must-do on your Puerto Viejo visit.

Also, they give a 10% cash discount of list prices. I believe the Chocolate scrub is $70 list price for about 70 minutes of treatment.

Los Angeles
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best spa day ever!”
Reviewed December 26, 2009

I went to the Jungle Spa today for the 90 minute chocolate massage. First, the place is adorable. The minute you leave your flip flops at the door and walk in, you feel peaceful. They immediately bring a bowl of hot water and oils to soak your feet and hand you a cold glass of juice to drink.

The massage room was beautiful and very clean. The massage was in three parts. First, they rub your body with a loofah which felt amazing. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I have 400 sand flea bites on my body so getting scratched all over was euphoric, but I think I'd like it even without the medicinal effect. Next, they massage you with oil like a traditional massage. I had a lot of focus on my back and don't feel like my massage suffered from time spend with the loofah. The last step is the chocolate scrub. I didn't go for the dash of coffee grinds because I wasn't sure my bites could take that much scrubbing. The chocolate rub was amazing - warm and smelled delicious. I loved it. Then they flip you over and do the whole thing again on your front side.

Lastly, you get a head massage and then they send you to the shower. The shower is adorable (and very clean). You feel like you are showering in the jungle as it has a large open window that looks out to plants and trees.

I will definitely go back for one more massage before my trip is over and maybe try the banana scrub. My skin feels so soft and smells slightly of chocolate.

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best way to end a fantastic vacation”
Reviewed August 23, 2009

My boyfriend and I booked a couples massage one day in advance through our hotel. I am so glad we did! It was our last day in Puerto Viejo and it turned out to be the perfect ending to our lovely vacation. When we arrived we were able to take showers (we just came from the beach) and relax drinking some ginger juice and with our feet in scented hot water. We were given nice smelling towels and sarongs to wear. Once in our room, which is partially open and really makes you feel like you're in the jungle, we were treated to fantastic massages by Sondra and another lady (who's name i unfortunately have forgotten). Sondra seemed to have six hands and my boyfriend was also very pleased with his masseuse. They both asked us what we wanted, deep-tissue or relaxing, and we both felt very relaxed and good. After the massage we were treated to wine and delicious chocolate by the lovely Denise. She was so incredibly nice! We stayed and talked a while, and bought some nice products that are locally produced.
All in all it was an amazing experience, and if we are ever to return to that area we will be sure to go back there. I would like to begin and end my next vacation at Pure Jungle Spa!