“Great massage and yummy chocolate”
Review of Pure Jungle Spa

Pure Jungle Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Sense the magic of the rainforest with its mystery and allure. Start your Pure Jungle Spa experience by soaking your feet in an aromatic infusion of flowers and botanicals in a hand-hammered copper basin, while you sip our signature jungle elixir; smell exotic scents; feel the tropical oils massaged into your body; and hear the rhythms of birds and bugs with an occasional call from a toucan or the roar of a howler monkey.
Reviewed March 9, 2010

I am no expert on massages but my husband and I had a couples massage here in the beginning of March and really enjoyed it. When we first got there we selected scents and soaked our feet and had a homemade ginger drink. They asked our preferences for level of pressure, etc. before beginning the massage. Then after the massage we had another refreshing drink and some homemade local chocolate that is the most delicious thing ever, I bought some after but wish I had bought lots more. prices here were about comparable to a massage anywehre else.

Reviewed February 25, 2010

Pure Awesomeness! Wow, wow, wow!

I did two different treatments at the Pure Jungle Spa. My husband and I were given a free couples massage courtesy of Eddie at La Costa de Papito. The entire experience was fantastic and exceeded all expectations. I have had many massages from different salons/spas in the US, and I really can't think of a better spa experience than the Pure Jungle Spa. My husband even loved it and he is not a big fan of massages.

The next day I went back for the Chocolate Decadence Body Scrub. Sandra did my treatment. It was so awesome and unique and left my skin feeling and smelling awesome all day.

It was clear that the staff were absolute professionals. That, in combination with the incredible jungle setting, and the "pura vida", tranquilo vibe, makes this Spa a must-do on your Puerto Viejo visit.

Also, they give a 10% cash discount of list prices. I believe the Chocolate scrub is $70 list price for about 70 minutes of treatment.

Reviewed December 26, 2009

I went to the Jungle Spa today for the 90 minute chocolate massage. First, the place is adorable. The minute you leave your flip flops at the door and walk in, you feel peaceful. They immediately bring a bowl of hot water and oils to soak your feet and hand you a cold glass of juice to drink.

The massage room was beautiful and very clean. The massage was in three parts. First, they rub your body with a loofah which felt amazing. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I have 400 sand flea bites on my body so getting scratched all over was euphoric, but I think I'd like it even without the medicinal effect. Next, they massage you with oil like a traditional massage. I had a lot of focus on my back and don't feel like my massage suffered from time spend with the loofah. The last step is the chocolate scrub. I didn't go for the dash of coffee grinds because I wasn't sure my bites could take that much scrubbing. The chocolate rub was amazing - warm and smelled delicious. I loved it. Then they flip you over and do the whole thing again on your front side.

Lastly, you get a head massage and then they send you to the shower. The shower is adorable (and very clean). You feel like you are showering in the jungle as it has a large open window that looks out to plants and trees.

I will definitely go back for one more massage before my trip is over and maybe try the banana scrub. My skin feels so soft and smells slightly of chocolate.

Reviewed August 23, 2009

My boyfriend and I booked a couples massage one day in advance through our hotel. I am so glad we did! It was our last day in Puerto Viejo and it turned out to be the perfect ending to our lovely vacation. When we arrived we were able to take showers (we just came from the beach) and relax drinking some ginger juice and with our feet in scented hot water. We were given nice smelling towels and sarongs to wear. Once in our room, which is partially open and really makes you feel like you're in the jungle, we were treated to fantastic massages by Sondra and another lady (who's name i unfortunately have forgotten). Sondra seemed to have six hands and my boyfriend was also very pleased with his masseuse. They both asked us what we wanted, deep-tissue or relaxing, and we both felt very relaxed and good. After the massage we were treated to wine and delicious chocolate by the lovely Denise. She was so incredibly nice! We stayed and talked a while, and bought some nice products that are locally produced.
All in all it was an amazing experience, and if we are ever to return to that area we will be sure to go back there. I would like to begin and end my next vacation at Pure Jungle Spa!

Reviewed August 8, 2009

the jungle spa is a very nice little gem nestled in the middle of the jungle located in puerto viejo.. by the looks of it i must say that it looks very unique and the staff was very welcoming.. my boyfriend and i got the chocolate couples massage.. which was not exactly relaxing but defenetly unique.. yes your skin does end up feeling super soft but it's because they spend 20 minutes of your 90 minutes scrubbing your top layer of skin off with a dry hard louffa .. they spend about 30 minutes massaging you which was nice especially as you listened to the birds and rain outside but then after putting on the chocolate scrub (smelled so good) you are left to take a shower .. when i was there the shower pressure was awful and it took me a while to wash the stuff off of my body.. my hotel receptionist told me i should have been given the louffa they used to aid in my shower .. i guess id know for next time.. for puerto viejo this was a unique experience but it defenetley was not the most relaxing massage/experience i've ever had..