“WOW!!! Chocolate body scrub from fresh cocoa beans?!?! SO GOOOD”
Review of Pure Jungle Spa

Pure Jungle Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Sense the magic of the rainforest with its mystery and allure. Start your Pure Jungle Spa experience by soaking your feet in an aromatic infusion of flowers and botanicals in a hand-hammered copper basin, while you sip our signature jungle elixir; smell exotic scents; feel the tropical oils massaged into your body; and hear the rhythms of birds and bugs with an occasional call from a toucan or the roar of a howler monkey.
Boston, MA
“WOW!!! Chocolate body scrub from fresh cocoa beans?!?! SO GOOOD”
Reviewed June 4, 2009

This place was super high end nice. The prices were not that much different from Boston, but the experience kicked every spa here! Snow was the most attentive and worked out ALL my knots and the chocolate body scrub was like nothing I have ever experienced. Welcome to heaven! Bring your wallet!

Austin, TX
“An oasis...of relaxation!”
Reviewed May 14, 2009

My boyfriend and I went to the Pure Jungle Spa as part of our Romance and Adventure package we booked through Gecko Trail Adventures and Hotel Banana Azul.

This was my boyfriend's First professional massage, so I was hoping that the experience would live up to al of his expectations. Let me tell you, it did.

The scene:

Our taxi pulled up to the Pure Jungle Spa at about 6:00 pm. Since it is already dark at 6pm, we approached the spa by way of white Christmas lights and the sound of insects and birds buzzing in the jungle. The Pure Jungle Spa is a hut. Literally, a thatched roof hut made of wood. It was incredibly beautiful.

The experience started with a refreshing, fragrant foot soak and a glass of delicious mango/ginger juice. After that, we were escorted into the private room for our couples massage. Laying beside each other, we were treated by phenomenal side-by-side massages by two very talented therapists. During the hour, we heard relaxing music and the sounds of the insects and birds just outside the open window and breathed the fresh jungle air. After our massages, we relaxed for a short time on the porch of the hut, had a glass of crisp, cold water and a wedge of local chocolate.

The entire experience was divine....I highly recommend it to anyone vacationing in the Puerto Viejo area!

Minneapolis, MN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“yummy surreal treat”
Reviewed May 9, 2009

I visited the Pure Jungle Spa while on my honeymoon. It was so great! I had the chocolate body treatment and massage...wow! The massage room was great, with a big open window that looks out into the rainforest. The massage was great so relaxing and the body treatment made my skin so soft and it smelled really good all night long. I would highly recommend that you visit while you are in the area, you will have a great time. The staff make you feel very comfortable, they are so nice and welcoming. I only wish that I would have bought more of the vanilla body butter!

jentigua
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pure Jungle Spa is Pure Heaven”
Reviewed April 27, 2009

I got two treatments the first visit.
- Facial for an hour
the facial was wonderful. It was the first facial I have ever had. It was an hour and was thorougly relaxing.
- 1.5 hour deep tissue massage
This was heaven. The energy of my masseuse was incredible, and she really helped work out some tension I had in my shoulders.

I loved it so much I came back for the Chocolate decadence treatment. This was a a real treat and my skin loved it. You get an exfoliation, as well as a massage that comes with an organic chocolate body scrub at the end. Devine.

In all the spa was professional, beautiful and relaxing. They start you off with a foot bath before every treatment; they move you to a room where you can hear those nice Costa Rican jungle sounds, as well as the soothing music they play. They were accommodating and friendly. Turns out my birthday is the same as one of the masseuse’ and I was invited to a birthday dinner out the next night, and given a birthday present of some yummy spa goodies. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and will definitely visit next time I am there.

Jen