“A Puerto Viejo Must!!”
Review of Pure Jungle Spa

Pure Jungle Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Sense the magic of the rainforest with its mystery and allure. Start your Pure Jungle Spa experience by soaking your feet in an aromatic infusion of flowers and botanicals in a hand-hammered copper basin, while you sip our signature jungle elixir; smell exotic scents; feel the tropical oils massaged into your body; and hear the rhythms of birds and bugs with an occasional call from a toucan or the roar of a howler monkey.
Reviewed February 24, 2014

At first I wandered into Pure Jungle Spa because I was kind of lost in Puerto Viejo and thought the entrance was beautiful and decided to take a peek :) What I found was a lovely, welcoming staff of people and a breathtaking oasis of relaxation in a party town. Perfectly nestled in a garden of jungle flora, the spa had an ethereal feel to it. I felt like a jungle goddess! Before my spa day began they gave me a delicious ice cold drink of some sort of herbal variety and soaked my feet in a flower petal bath as I watched beautiful tropical birds weave through garden. Then I was taken to one of the private rooms to experience the Talamanca Mud Treatment (Sandra was amazing)...after which I bathed in a beautiful outdoor shower in a private garden! Wow! Thennnn, i recieved a heavenly Chocolate Facial from Rowe...who told me about how all their products were sourced from the local area (which is another awesome plus in my opinion)....after all was said and done I was taken to the patio and given Special Spa water and organic chocolate from a local farm to end my day on a high note. Elizabeth at the front is super helpful and great to wind down your spa day with :) Overall, great ambiance, great staff, great products and great prices! Don't forget to pick up one of their homemade tinctures or oils!! It was the only place in Costa Rica that carried cold pressed coconut oil :)

Reviewed February 24, 2014

One day when the Caribbean waters were a bit too rough, I decided to treat myself to a papaya facial and body treatment. I'm not sure I've ever been as relaxed as I was after those two hours of pampering, and my skin glowed from all of the enzymes in the papaya! Added bonus: they source all of their ingredients locally, and you can purchase some of the products they use in travel-size containers if you want to try to recreate the experience once you're back in the Polar Vortex (sigh).

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This place is heaven. A friend of ours was here a year prior and told us we had to go, I'm thankful we listened! My mom, sister, and I were greeted with such kindness and felt like family. We had our feet soaked while enjoying ginger water before our massages. We received the chocolate massage treatment which included a dry exfoliation, full massage with coconut oil and finished with a chocolate scrub. If all I had was the massage, I would have been happy, the chocolate scrub was the icing on the cake! Afterward the hot shower in the jungle was refreshing and a lovely experience. We lounged around for a while after enjoying our chocolate and cucumber water and chatting with the ladies about the spa. It was my favorite part of our week in Costa Rica

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Finally! A spa in Costa Rica with certified and trained professionals that will cure your aches and pains, encourage your state of blissful well being and leave you with a feeling of relaxation and rejuvenation. The services that pure jungle spa provide, are worth every penny. The staff is so friendly and helpful, it only adds to the experience. To top it off, the home made organic body products are fruit of the earth and quality for lasting health and beauty, long after you leave the spa! I cannot speak highly enough of this place! Lastly, e jungle feel atmosphere topped our experience off!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

If you find yourself on a cruise that stops in puerto Limon. Get out of that place as quickly as possible. We hired a driver and traveled for 45 minutes to a funky little place called Puerto Viejo. Safe laid back, you might smell a smoke in the air as you walk by that you recognize. We found the Pure Jungle Spa. Probably the best massage I have ever had, Ro, was her name. I had 1 1/2 hour for I think $60. It may be a more casual atmosphere than you are accustomed to but I'm a city girl and I loved it!