“The First Thing You Should Do”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pure Jungle Spa

Pure Jungle Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Sense the magic of the rainforest with its mystery and allure. Start your Pure Jungle Spa experience by soaking your feet in an aromatic infusion of flowers and botanicals in a hand-hammered copper basin, while you sip our signature jungle elixir; smell exotic scents; feel the tropical oils massaged into your body; and hear the rhythms of birds and bugs with an occasional call from a toucan or the roar of a howler monkey.
Carrollton, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The First Thing You Should Do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed in Puerto Viejo for 5 days and on our last day, the wife and I stopped in for a 1.5 hour "chocolate scrub / massage." Let me tell you - this is the FIRST thing you should do when you get here - that way you can start your stay on the right foot! The first thing was a foot soak while sipping on cucumber water which set the mood. Then we were ushered into the massage room. While soothing music plays floats in the atmosphere, you get some loofa exfoliating action, followed by a coconut oil massage. Awesome. Lastly, you get the chocolate scrub. This material is derived directly from the chocolate making process. Specifically, from the local "Chocolate Lady." Cocoa nuts are crushed, roasted, etc as part of the cocoa butter extraction process after which all the shell remnants are sifted out and consequently discarded. These discards, are still soaked with cocoa butter though and Jungle Spa ingeniously puts these to use on your body! Feels like a mud scrub but it's a bit more course and smells like they're pouring melted chocolate on you. Then you reluctantly get up and stumble out the back door of the room into an outdoor shower space where your clothes and everything are already there awaiting you. I wish I had a shower space like this - totally tropical and soothing. Then you take the path around the structure back to the front seating area where you started. This is just the one thing we did here and it was the most amazing experience. They have many more services available here. Everything was great about this place. It is specifically designed around the spa experience. From start to beginning you flow from area to area without effort or interaction with other guests, etc - really smart. You cannot tell from the street but once you walk in it's a marvel of relaxation. The masseuses are VERY good - even magical! There's no way to have a disappointing experience here. Denise got it right and for that we thank her!

Visited November 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“One of the best things we did on our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This spa is so wonderful. We walked from Playa Negra, taking our time, stopping to eat, drink and shop. So, by the time we arrived, the foot bath felt great. The atmosphere at this jungle spa is great. You know how sometimes when you go to a spa or for a massage, they put on environmental jungle sound music... well that's what was going on here, but it wasn't music.. it was real jungle sounds! Loved everything about this from the wonderful, peaceful, atmosphere, to the decorative details, to the thatch roof, to the wonderful scent to the lovely staff and the lemonade and chocolates. I recommend the 90 minute calypso facial. It was heavenly. They even worked my husband in for a treatment for his sunburned legs (too much time on a boat the prior day.) They applied a cooling aloe / cucumber treatment and wrapped him in banana leaves. Of course every treatment comes with wonderful foot, hand and scalp massage. Love Pure Jungle Spa!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank jendrake
Mill River, Massachusetts
“A must-see place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This spa alone is worth the trip to Puerto Viejo! The staff is very warm and welcoming, the spot itself is beautiful, and the massages, facials, pedicures and manicures are excellent - and I tried each one! Only the highest quality oils and creams are used and one leaves feeling renewed, relaxed and beautiful! My visit here was at the tail end of a very intense work period and I left feeling as if I had been on vacation the whole time! Excellent plus!

Visited September 2012
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“most relaxing massage ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had the most relaxing semi-deep tissue massage of my life. I'm a fairly big/muscular guy who is used to sub par massages due to my build. My masseuse was more then up for the job. Not only was she very professional, but she tailored the massage fit me needs. If you ask me, this is the number one destination in Puerto Viejo.

Visited October 2012
Costa Rica
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“I never get tired of this place!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

This is my 4th time on the spa and it's always good as the last time. He girls are really professional and will leave you, in my wife's words, boneless!! Try one of their massages at the end of your trip, so you go back home really relaxed and like new!