“Loved it here” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pure Jungle Spa

Pure Jungle Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Sense the magic of the rainforest with its mystery and allure. Start your Pure Jungle Spa experience by soaking your feet in an aromatic infusion of flowers and botanicals in a hand-hammered copper basin, while you sip our signature jungle elixir; smell exotic scents; feel the tropical oils massaged into your body; and hear the rhythms of birds and bugs with an occasional call from a toucan or the roar of a howler monkey.
Portland, Oregon
“Loved it here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Massage was great, people were nice and SO accommodating. I was traveling with my daughter and they set her up with internet and chocolate and drinks while she waited for me. I never expect that from people becuase they are usually put off by children. The atmosphere is lovely...all around great.

Portland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Blissful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

I had a body treatment and full body massage at the jungle spa, and it was amazing. It started out with a foot soak and a ginger drink. The massage was amazing, and just what I needed to relax. With the body treatment and massage together being an hour and a half, I did not feel rushed at all. To top it all off, taking a shower in the private garden is wonderful. After I was done, I was treated to cucumber water and a piece of hand crafted chocolate. Highly recommended!!

JoeBrasil
“Sweet details, great massage and facial”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

I had a facial folowed by a massage, both were great, the facial was very refreshing and the massage, just relaxing. The place is beautiful, the name is really fair, it´s a small area filled with plants and beauty. The details really got me, the local drink with ginger, the little chocolate and the women that attended me (Denise and Roxy) were very sweet.

New York City, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“You HAVE to do this”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

This is one of the best memories I have from my trip to Puerto Viejo years ago. The chocolate massages are just amazing--king of gritty at first (exfoliation), and then afterwards you wash it off and your skin feels softer than you ever thought possible thanks to all the cocoa butter. It smells delicious too. I also really loved how nice the owner was and all the little touches she added--free chocolate and agua de sapo (refreshing gingerade). I would return in a heartbeat!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank C A
Peterborough, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Jungle Heaven Massage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Wanting to share the best-kept secret of Puerto Viejo -- Margaret Schaffner gives the best massage I ever had in my life. I kept thinking "why doesn't she work the sore place on my shoulder?" -- she was working it, she already made it not sore! She works at the Jungle Spa (which is a sensual trip in itself). The cucumber ice water and footbath were just added bits of heaven to this jungle haven.

1 Thank awatruss