We stayed at the Korrigan Lodge for one week and were treated to an amazing vacation. Ingrid and Erwan and some of the friendliest people you will meet and are always there to help make your vacation great. Their bungalows (we stayed in HEOL) were clean and large and had a great shower. They booked our tours, dinner reservations, and our transport in and out AND had free bikes which we used to go to both Manzanillo and Puerto Viejo.
We took their 4 recommended tours: the Jungle tour with Florantino, the Chocolate tour, the Jaguar Refuge centre, and the canopy treehouse with Peter. They were all great and we still had the afternoon off to go to Punta Uva beach with their dog Bassam for some sun and swimming every day.
It only rained once during the day during our week stay, so I think we were lucky and the only time we were bothered by mosquitoes was during the chocolate tour.
As for food, my girlfriend is a vegetarian, but it seems that all the restaurants had vegetarian options which made travel for us much easier. The quality of the restaurants that we visited was great. We visited both Pita Bonita (about 25 mins by foot) and the Refugio Grill (about 5 mins by foot) most nights for dinner. Just remember to bring a flashlight if you plan on walking home after 8:00pm
This vacation was everything we could have asked for. There was lots of activities and still time to relax in the afternoon and evenings. It's great to hear the jungle noise machine at night. By the end of the week you can start to figure out what sounds are being made by which animal! I would definitely recommend staying at the Korrigan Lodge if you have the opportunity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Korrigan Lodge is located in Punta Uva, just a few steps from a beautiful beach, nestled in the heart of the tropical forest. This is an ideal place to fully appreciate the richness of nature with its lush vegetation and its abundance of animal life.Ingrid and Erwan, your French hosts offer quality lodging in 4 comfortable and luxurious bungalows surrounded by a harmonious and enchanting environment designed to guarantee relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Korrigan Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Korrigan Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Korrigan Lodge Costa Rica/Limon