“Comfort! Croissants! Sloths! Monkeys! Bikes! Oh my!”
Review of Korrigan Lodge

Korrigan Lodge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Korrigan Lodge was the perfect oasis at the tail end of an amazing but sometimes hectic trip from Colombia up through Panamá and into Costa Rica. Erwan and Ingrid were incredibly kind and accommodating. From the first, they went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and welcomed, suggesting excursions and providing tips on restaurants in the area (they never steered us wrong). The bungalows are amazingly comfy and charming, set on property teeming with wildlife (sloths! howler monkeys! lizards!) and the showers are hot, really hot! ... Which was something we missed while in rural Colombia and Panamá. The breakfasts at Korrigan were the best we had on our entire trip. It was great to be able to borrow the lodge bicycles and go to Puerto Viejo, the Jaguar Preserve, or Gandoca-Manzanillo Refuge. Their dog, Bassam, is a charmer and a great companion who will lead you to the beach. All in all, a wonderful stay at a wonderful place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank erose_leaves

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I can't say enough of our amazing stay in Punta Uva at Korrigan Lodge. Erwan and Ingrid, the owners, provide a level of customer service that is absolutely incomparable to anything I've ever experienced. They both went above and beyond to make sure out stay was perfect. We had to wake up early and leave two of the days in order to get to our excursions. Erwan left us delicious breakfast trays outside of our bungalow for the next morning! We only stayed 3 nights but would have loved to have been able to stay longer. The lodge is absolutely beautiful, extremely private, and truly feels like a jungle getaway. Absolutely perfect! Wish I could give it 6 stars.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Ashtonicole
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I simply loved Korrigan Lodge. It is surrounded by beautiful untouched nature where you can very easily spot different species of monkeys, little mammals, colorful birds... Rooms at Korrigan are beautiful, very comfortable, and tranquil. The owners are two amazing people, very helpful, communicative who care about nature. There was not one single thing that would have made me upset or unsatisfied. I highly recommend you to chose Korrigan.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Monikita_2012
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I absolutely loved staying here!! I really can't say enough positive things about our stay here, in regards to both the accommodations and Pierre and Marise. Even after reading all of the positive reviews here, my expectations were still exceeded. Pierre and Marise are exceptionally nice, helpful and knowledgeable about the local area and wildlife. They both made the vacation easy and enjoyable, scheduling activities, transportation, etc. at our request. The breakfasts were excellent and plated decoratively. Bassam, the dog at Korrigan, was a joy! Pierre and Marise were both dedicated to making sure all of their guests were having an enjoyable experience and really made us feel welcomed! If you are traveling to Costa Rica, you really have to stay here at least for a couple of nights! We stayed for 4 and were really sad to leave!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alynda R
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was our last 3 night stay of a 10 day trip. I found this place on trip adviser and relied solely on the reviews I read to book it. I am so glad that I did! Marise and Pierre were our gracious hosts and were so warm and welcoming. Our room was small but clean and very pretty. We had breakfast prepared fresh for us every morning and it was delicious and very filling! Pierre went out of his way to take us to Chauita Park and show us the different animals and such that live there. I was lucky enough to even see a tarantula. He also showed us around the beaches and gave us information about the people, animals and plants that inhabit this beautiful place. Marise was so nice to give us a ride into town to have dinner one evening. We shared many wonderful conversations over our delicious breakfast and long walks. They did such a great job that I can't wait to go back and I will definitely be staying at Korrigan Lodge again. Also, the howler monkeys are living with you in this paradise, so you do not need an alarm clock:)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank kimberly s
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there at mid may 2013 for 4 nights, and it was great. Pierre and Marise are the couple running it, and they were extremely nice and informative. Besides, pierre is a true animal lover and adventurer and goes on hikes few times a week, and has so much knowledge about the places and animals and it does it for free! It was so much fun in chauita park with him.

Plus, their dog Basam is adorable!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Mickeyl85
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Korrigian lodge was our last stay in Costa Rica, we spent there five nights. Firstly I would like to tell about people which take care about the place, Marise and Pierre. They are so nice, friendly, helpful people. First day Marise gave us lot of useful information about the place and surroundings, recommended us some restaurants and places where we could go and visit. During our stay my husband had some stomach disorder, she gave us lot of attention and helped us very much! Pierre is keen of nature, he took us for short walk to nearby beach. It was easy even for our six years old son, however we saw lots of animals as monkeys, birds, crabs, sloths, iguanas but we wouldn´t seen them without Pierre. He said that he is not a professional guide but Pierre, believe me, you are a professional!!! He has plenty of enthusiasm and knowledges about animals and nature. And finaly Bassam, big friend of our son, first day he took us to the beach and all the time he looked after us carefully. He is the cleverest dog I have seen. We are so glad that we have chosen the Korrigian lodge, we spent there really nice time and it was because of Pierre and Marise, so thank you again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family