“Definition of Perfect”

Korrigan Lodge
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Definition of Perfect”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Perfect. Ingrid, Erwan and the kids we loved our stay. It was magical in every way. You two know exactly how to make your guests feel like family. What a beautiful family and perfect business. Thank you so much!!!!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

The best part of my vacation was staying at the Korrigan Lodge. The owners are the best. Extremly helpful, and friendly.It was amazing i loved it. Everything about this place was amazing.I Was very sad to leave.
Will defenitly go back. See you soon Bassam !! Xoxox

• Stayed August 2012
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I just want to start with read the reviews; they don't lie. The biggest challenge for me is putting into word how wonderful the Korrigan lodge is! My partner and I have travelled all over Costa Rica from the North to the South and the East to the West and have found nothing else like the Korrigan Lodge. I guess the best way to describe our experience is this. We were not guests of the Lodge; we were guest of the family and were treated accordingly. We spent 4 days at the Lodge and our only regret was we didn't stay longer. Ingrid, Erwan, and Bassam, thank you for giving us the best days of our trip! I highly recommend the Korrigan Lodge and am extremely confident they will exceed all your expectations.

West Fargo, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The other reviews have said it all, but I will say it again. Staying at the Korrigan Lodge was an eye opening and transformative experience for me and my husband. The surrounding jungle is magical- brilliant blue butterflies, crawling vines, gorgeous flowers, the sounds of monkeys and frogs, and even a few massive spiders (which I learned to make peace with.) The breakfast included in the stay was delicious with coffee, fruit, yogurt, fresh pastry and bread, and if you are still hungry, eggs and meat. Ingrid and Erwan were sweet and patient. They lead us in planning all of our "tours" and made the bookings on our behalf. They knew all of the best adventures to go on, we rode horses on the beach, watched a leatherback turtle nest, met two species of wild dolphins, held howler monkeys in our arms, and bathed in a waterfall. Basam led us to the beaches where the water was perfect and the scenes breathtaking.
I am not an outdoors woman at ALL. While the lodge lacks some amenities that made me nervous while booking, air conditioning, television, pool etc, these were not missed in the slightest. Staying at Korrigan Lodge was an experience of a lifetime and I would highly recommend it to travelers from all walks of life. I feel blessed to have found this place and to carry it in my heart.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We spent 8 days at Korrigan Lodge for our honeymoon and found it to be extraordinary.
We fell in love with the setting, far enough away from Puerto Vieju to feel you aren't part of the tourist hub bub, but still close enough to go out for dinner etc.
Ingrid and Erwan were wonderful hosts. So friendly and helpful and they made a delicious breakfast for us every morning. They signed us up for adventures that we were interested in and arranged our hotel in San Jose on the last day.
The beach is so close and I'd be amiss if I didn't mention our buddy Bassam who knows the word beach in many different languages. He would've snorkeled with us if we had a mask for him!
We, along with everyone else, highly, highly, highly recommend this beautiful accommodation for your stay on the Caribbean cost of Costa Rica. Thanks Erwan and Ingrid (and your beautiful family!)

Room Tip: We stayed in Heil, but I think all of the cabins are similar. The swimming pool rating is really the...
2 Thank Angela W
Kansas City
Reviewed July 21, 2012

WE LOVED IT!!!! There is not one single complaint or even suggestion that I could think of to make this place any better.....they have nailed it all...PERFECTION!!!!! I loved the bungalows nestled in the jungle. At night we would open the doors and windows and listen to the rain and all the other jungle sounds. Then we would wake up to the sounds of nature and on some lucky days howler monkeys. It was so incredible to see monkey's playing right above your jungle bungalow. We went during rainy season, and the rain was mostly at night, yet the mid day shower made for the best nap EVER....We even saw a sloth hanging out in a tree at the lodge. There is plenty of other neat insects and wild life if you explore. As if the jungle was not incredible a quick 5 minute walk and you arrive at a beautiful beach. The area is off the beaten path which we really enjoyed. The last review, from a couple we met when we were there gave most the basic details and they were spot on so I won't go in to more detail regarding the surrounding area. Which is another plus, it seemed as if only awesome people stayed at this lodge, as everyone was super nice and we met lots of great people.

And then the world famous dog....BASSAM. Yes he is what everyone claims...magical!! Such a smart dog, you must spend some time with him at the beach...it is just so neat!!

Erwan and Ingrid are my favorite host I have EVER encountered in all my travels. They were not just nice and gave great service, you could tell they were genuine people who did everything possible to make the guests stay enjoyable. I have never been so impressed!!! The modern upscale jungle bungalow is like a treehouse for adults...and trust me just as exciting to be in. Every detail was considered, even down to the amazingly adorable hardware....Fish handles....Yes, the little things matter Ingrid, we all notice you efforts!! The Lodge they have created is so perfect, they should be soooooo proud of what they have created, as they will bring many magical experiences for so many people who pass through Korrigans Lodge. Thanks again for having us!!! See ya soon:)

2 Thank PamelaVanderHeagen
London, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Korrigan Lodge was an amazing and relaxing end to our holiday in Costa Rica. The casitas are built with every attention to detail - just beautiful! Loved sitting on the hammock with the tea light lit, watching the rain fall in the jungle one afternoon. The location is great, with the best beach and this amazing tiny restaurant called El Refugio just down the road! We borrowed the bikes one afternoon to head out to the Jaguar Rescue Centre, and Chocorart farm - highly recommend both! Erwan and Ingrid are great hosts and super-helpful, and breakfasts were delicious in the open-air hut. You won't regret staying here!

Room Tip: We loved KOAD, but I am sure the casitas are just as beautiful!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple