“Great lunch stop in Puerto Viejo”
Review of Bread & Chocolate

Bread & Chocolate
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nevada City, California
“Great lunch stop in Puerto Viejo”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Really good food and homemade baked goods. Excellent deserts. I'd recommend the turtles (chocolate and carmels I mean).

Visited February 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
“Go to place for breakfast or lunch in Puerto Viejo”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Great lemonade, iced cappuccino, sandwiches, french toast and a totally fantastic selection of homemade truffles. Friendly staff, conveniently located 30m off the main street . . . we went three times in five days . . . the only way it could be better is if it was free! If you go to PV, go to Bread & Chocolate.

• Visited January 2014
Lexington, Kentucky
“Pan y Chocolaté”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Went there only once on my last day there, but I'm pretty sure that I would have given them the highest score possible had I gone there more.

Only had a batido (licuado, smoothie). It wasn't the best I had in Puerto Viejo, but it was good! The best I had was at a place called Soda Lidia's - thick.

The ambience is excellent as is the wait staff. Spoke with a young man behind the counter who, I think, runs the place. He told me he was from Maryland. He asked me how I liked the place and the food - always a nice touch. People should do it more these days.

Children are welcome there. Saw several families both foreign and local. Casual, unassuming, and with good food. The menu is limited, but I understand that the sandwiches are great! I would definitely go back!

Burnaby, Canada
“Delicious and natural”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

everything here was delicious and I wish we could have ate there more than twice. Fresh local ingredients and everything is homemade. I reccomend everything!

North Vancouver, Canada
“Great coffee”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Fantastic breakfast and even better coffee! Very nice staff. But get there early - it's really popular.