“Great lunch and delicious chocolate cake!!”
Review of Bread & Chocolate

Bread & Chocolate
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Great lunch and delicious chocolate cake!!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here one day and decided to have the chocolate cake as our appetizer. i highly recommend the quintessential chocolate cake...The cake was super moist and delicious. On to the food... I had the grilled cheese with bacon which was amazing and my husband had the jerk chicken with pineapple sandwich which was also good. The restaurant is a small place located off the main road but it's definitely worth finding. I only wish we would have had breakfast here one day. They also make fresh brownies daily that were also really good!!!

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Austin, Texas
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I always hit Tripadvisor's top rated restaurants when traveling and have not been disappointed yet. My son and I ordered the egg sandwich and the scrambled eggs so we could try all the sides. Great breakfast - plus we bought some cookies to take on our bike ride to Manzanilla - they really came in handy.

• Visited November 2013
Pensacola, Florida
“I was quite disappointed.”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

After reading all the reviews, i thought this was a must do.... :( the service was terrible. I asked for a water 3 times before having to walk up and ask one of the gentlemen cooks. The bread was bland and hard. We had a "truffle" because I read they were great. It was very hard and bland. It was all just very disappointing. I'm sorry. :(. Why go there, when you can enjoy all the local fresh typical Costa Rican cuisine. Maybe it was just a bad day... But every other meal I had, in my 8 days there, were Better then this place.

Visited November 2013
Ledgewood, New Jersey
“Just average for us”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I got the french toast. It was a few small pieces of wheat bread cooked in egg. It was flat and dry. They gave cream to spread on top and marmalade. The cream tasted bad. Very disappointed. I also got fresh orange juice but it tasted watered down. My husband got a beef dish that he said was just ok. The prices on the chocolate was also high so I didn't buy. We weren't sure what everyone raved about.

• Visited October 2013
Cohoes, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We came to eat here almost every other day for the 8 days that we stay in PV. I tried the egg and cheese sandwich with fruit (SO good - it was nice to get real bacon...Most places use a different cut than the US does) and my boyfriend got the eggs and toast and meat...the next time we got waffles - wasnt dissapointed! The homefries (with jerk) another slam dunk! I like spicy, but a very mild spicy and the jerk sauce here is mild! My boyfriend thought it needed more kick...not me ;) Also, the brownies here - the best i ever ate! We bought one each time and took it back to our rental place to have as a little treat...we literally fought over the last bite!! I enjoyed everything about this place. Thanks for great service and amazing food!

• Visited October 2013