“AMAZING!!!”
Review of Jungle Love Cafe - CLOSED

Jungle Love Cafe
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a small family run restaurant that is located below our home. Our food is a fusion style of flavors that we love and hope you will too. We try to have a little something for everyone. Everything is homemade and we use almost all locally sourced ingredients. When you come to eat at Jungle Love you are eating in our home....We hope you feel welcome and at ease. And we can't wait to meet you. :)P
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We LOVED this restaurant, the ambience, decor, food, the staff....EVERYTHING!! We liked it so much we went back 3x during our 9 day stay in Costa Rica. Poppy & Yamu (the owners) are very warm and welcoming. Yamu is the head chef while Poppy is the dessert creator as well as the bartender. The food is delicious, they are very clean and the food....WOW!!! I highly recommend this place to anyone who visits Puerto Viejo.

PS....they have a nice house behind the restaurant that they rent out to travelers. Eventhough we did not get to stay there Poppy kindly gave us a tour and I will DEFINITELY keep their rental in mind for when I return. Clean, well furnished & decorated with a/c!!!

I love, love, love Jungle Love!!!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was a one of a kind experience - amazing location, spectacular meal, gracious hosts, great value - exceptional really doesn't say it all. We were lucky to get a reservation as the place was very full (even had to turn people away for the evening - I really felt bad for them because it was so good!)

Reviewed December 30, 2012

If you are lucky, you will score a table here for the delicious food, comfortable ambiance, and hosts that truly care about the food they are serving you. Tuna was my favorite, the chicken fingers wowed, the mango shrimp salad unbelievable. I don't think you could go wrong with anything on the menu. If you are really lucky, and plan well in advance, you may be able to secure the casita in the back. Two stories, jacuzzi tub, spacious, a stroll to the beach, near the market, bikes included, ideal in every way! Poppy and Yamu are gracious, knowledgable, helpful and made our experience unforgettable. Raves!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Wow. Wonderful place. Very small and the owner seems satisfied with that! No plans to expand to accommodate every person who shows up. It's nice to be around people who are happy with with is. They do very sustainable food which I didn't realize I'd appreciate it as much as I did. It was so good, but the highlight was when I saw someone from the kitchen walk out to pick fresh herbs from the garden to prepare a diner's order. You can't get fresher than that.

1  Thank TC-Houston
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Yamu and his wife Poppy run this tiny restaurant just outside of PV. Very personalized service. Fabulous food. We ate their twice during our week's stay. Try the Papaya and shrimp salad or one of their pizzas. They cant be beat. Strongly recommend a reservation.