“Great stop after a long day of tours!”
Review of Jungle Love Cafe - CLOSED

Jungle Love Cafe
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a small family run restaurant that is located below our home. Our food is a fusion style of flavors that we love and hope you will too. We try to have a little something for everyone. Everything is homemade and we use almost all locally sourced ingredients. When you come to eat at Jungle Love you are eating in our home....We hope you feel welcome and at ease. And we can't wait to meet you. :)P
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I were in Puerto Viejo for a week and definitely tried to fit too many tours into 1 trip! After a long day of Zip Lining and swimming we were starving! Trying to stay away from heavy burgers and pizza in town we drove our rental car several minutes down the road towards Manzanillo and stopped at Jungle Love! We both tried the pulled pork burrito and pulled pork wrap! YUM! I say the burrito was the best! A lot of fresh veggies, great pulled pork and different sauces inside...felt light and we gulped that down with a fresh jugo natural! (I had cold watermelon). It was a nice quiet spot, several tables, some good music, humming birds and good service. Yes it takes a couple quick minutes to prepare but everything is prepared fresh and beautifully on your plate! Definitely looks gourmet! After that, we indulged in a slice of choclate cake with mango ice cream. I think the best ice cream I've ever tasted on a hot beautiful day in Costa Rica! Thumbs up! Recommend you stop here! Friendly service, good food and decent price!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This place has a lovely atmosphere and really good pizza. The owner is a warm and lovely man. My pizza was one of his unique creations. Each dish is prepared to order so you may have to wait a few minutes but it's worth the time. I'd love to go back and try some of their other creations.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Hands down, the best, natural, locally-sourced food. The fish dishes in particular were excellent, but the sides were also generous and delicious. We ate there for 3 dinners and a lunche during our 8 day stay.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We can't rave enough about Jungle Love. We had so many iffy experiences with food in Costa Rico, our dinner at Jungle Love was a welcome oasis. They treated my daughter like a VIP and the service was perfect and just the right pace. But the star of the restaurant was the food. From pizza to mango chicken to the shrimp pasta...each dish was exquisite and well made. This is a must to visit while in Puerto Viejo.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Trying to follow my rule of always looking for the positive, I will state that Jungle Love seems to receive consistently good reviews... including the locals. It is small so we made reservations for 7:30 (recommended). Upon arrival we we seated and drink orders taken. Then we learned that they were out of shrimp and italian sausage... both key ingredients for two of the four entrees listed for the evening. The other two entrees looked good, but prior to knowing the inventory situation we had decided on the meals no longer available. Apologies offered and accepted and decision made on our meal (pizza... it really was good).
Yamu ( the owner/chef) stopped by long enough to let us know that he really didn't have time to talk with us (even after dropping some local names); he did however, seem to find time for other patrons... oh, well. We are frequent PV visitors and always try to engage all that we meet. Just make the trip more interesting.

Bottom line... next time tell me when you are out of something up front. Coming back? Maybe. But, not if Stashus is open!