Being a young college student/musician, I was looking for places to stay in Costa Rica that fit into my teeny tiny budget that didn't feel like I was getting skimped on. After not being able to book at Pachamama, the lovely couple over there referred us to Cabinas Punta Uva.
We arrived on a bus to Puerto Viejo at around 9PM(about a 6 hour trip... make sure you make the person in front of you open the window unless you like being hot and sweaty!) and Lola, our host, came and picked us up at the bus station. It's about 3 and a half miles from Puerto Viejo and only a 50cent bus trip (or a BEAUTIFUL bike ride... they have 2 bikes for rent at the Cabinas)
Our cabin was right next to the house and was made of the most beautiful rainforest woods you can imagine. We had a short tutorial on how to make the mosquito net work to our benefit and headed off on a 30 second walk to the beach.
At night, you not only hear the waves crashing, but you also hear the sounds of the rainforest as you're drifting off to sleep. In the morning, you wake up to the sun and if you're lucky, you can spot the black howler monkeys searching for fruit in the trees.
This place is perfect and the staff is so incredibly nice and helpful in anything you need (they'll lend you food if you're hungry and even teach you spanish... if you teach them some english!)
This place is for people wanting to see the real Costa Rica... it is no frills! You get a bed, a bathroom with a warm shower, sink, and toilet, a mosquito net, and a room with no A/C, but the best views you could ask for. Oh yeah! And a little fridge to stash away your Imperial beer! I know that some of my friends would not have been able to appreciate this place, but for the culture lover and devoted traveler out there, this place is the coolest find!
Our favorite saying while hanging at the Cabinas was: It's the Caribbean Way! Oh! And thanks, Lola, for everything!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rustic cabinas in a beautiful JUNGLE surroundings. On front of Caribbean Sea. Jungle with ocean view. Room with double beds and private bathroom. We offer, relax, jungle and sea. Do you need more? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Cabinas Punta Uva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabinas Punta Uva Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Cabinas Punta Uva Costa Rica/Limon