I actually subscribed to Tripadvisor just to write this review. I wanted everyone to know of this place in Puerto Viejo. After 2 weeks of traveling around Costa Rica and staying at budget hotels and hostels with just the bare necessities. My husband and I wanted something a little nicer when we arrived in Puerto Viejo. We just stumbled on Cabinas Guarana and it was exactly what we were looking for. It is still very basic but so clean, so airy, and with beautiful art all around. The rooms were full of cool light fixtures and art work ( the owner is an interior decoratore). You can see the love and energy put into this place. It is just so light and refreshing and kinda a change from alot of the stuffy and decorless rooms we encountered throughout CR. The best part was it was only 35 per night for a private with bathroom and hot water. They also have a kitchen for public use and a really nice sitting room. Almost all the rooms have little decks with hammocks overlooking the tropical courtyard in the centre of the building.It is right downtown Puerto Viejo just blocks from the beach. It was still basic with no TV but just the feel of the whole place was really nice. Really clean and really nicely decorated. Dont miss the treehouse either. IT is scary but worth the view and a picture!! One more thing, if you are in Puerto Viejo be sure to rent bikes and take a trip to Punta Uva and past there to Manzinillo! IT is so fun and so worth it and you most likely will see monkeys along the way and be greated by the gorgeous unpopluated beach. Ok I love Costa Rica. Have fun and make a reservation in Puerto Viejo espesially on the weekends!
Location: Costa Rica > Province of Limon > Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Ranked #10 of 54 B&Bs / Inns in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Price Range: $41 - $67 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Number of rooms: 12
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Guarana is a small hotel full of colors and good energy. We have 12 rooms individually ,uniquely decorated. We are situated in one of the most quiet and central streets in Puerto Viejo, 200 m. only steps to beach and restaurants. The hotel is safe, private and set in a lush tropical garden of flowers and fauna. Services include; Wireless, Laundry, Safe in room, Parking, communal kitchen totally equipped. English, Spanish, French & Italian spoken. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Guarana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guarana Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Hotel Guarana Costa Rica/Limon