“Best soda in Puerto Viejo! ”

Guetto Girl One Love
Reviewed May 26, 2016 via mobile

What can I say? If there were only restaurant to eat in every day, it would be Guetto Girl One Love. Gallo Pinto, Casado, Banana Pancakes. And they smoothies/batidos/aguas frescas? Bomba! My personal favorite, Sandia! All awesomely delicious! They don't have a menu, but Marie will make anything for you if she has the ingredients. They also have wifi and most importantly, unlike lots of sodas in PV, they take credit cards! Much easier than carrying millions (ok, I'm exaggerating just a little) of colones to pay for meals every day. The portions here are twice as big, twice as good and half the price of anywhere else here. Don't miss if you want authentic Caribbean food!

Reviewed May 7, 2016

Let's me say that food is typical and very tasty, and the prices are very reasonable. We were 4 and all ordered the chicken casada plates. This consists of Caribbean chicken, rice and beans and a salad. Everything in this meal should have been ready when we ordered, we were counting on that. It took well over 30 minutes for our food to be served, one plate at a time, so that the first plate was cold and the others progressively warmer. The place is also hot, no fans and you're sitting under a tin roof. With all of that, the food was good, on a cloudy/rainy day with nothing to do, I'd go back.

Reviewed May 5, 2016 via mobile

This restaurant "soda" is the best place I've eaten in Costa Rica! Amazing food, great prices, worth it.

Reviewed April 21, 2016

A woman who runs this restaurant cooks fresh food daily and has wonderful fresh fish and coconut rice among other food.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed April 8, 2016 via mobile

I had to review this place once I saw how far down the restaurant listings of Puerto Viejo it was!

A beautiful cosy place by the BCR bank in town. My friends and I had the chicken, fish and veggie options. Everything on our plates tasted incredible. The smoked beans, spicy coconut sauce, sweet plantains. The ladies who work in the kitchen pour so much love into each plate and you can taste it with each bite.

For the size and quality prices are very reasonable, I'm finding it hard to eat anywhere else! Can't recommend this place highly enough.

Thanks Ghetto Girl!