“Granny Zip Lines!”

Shore Excursion: Tortuguero Canal Eco Cruise and Banana Plantation
$119.00*
6-in-1 Combo Tour: Puerto Limon Highlights
More attraction details
Owner description: With over 20 years tour operating experience in Costa Rica, Greenway Nature Tours is excellently positioned to fulfill all your Costa Rica Travel - Vacation and tour requirements. Our business is making your dreams of the ultimate Costa Rican rain forest come true. No other tour operator can offer you our personalized service, expertise, information quality and staff capability to organize vacation and travel in Costa Rica efficiently and safely - from coast to coast all to match your budget. We are experts on Costa Rica Vacations, Eco-tourism, Tours, Transfers, Shore Excursions and Educational Trips.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I were recently on a HAL cruise to the Panama Canal with a stop in Limon. We organized a trip with Greenway to the canals and zip lining. Our experience with this agency was first rate. We were met as advertised on the pier, transported with 8 others in a comfortable air conditioned bus with seat belts to the rain forest where my husband and I were the only ones to zip line while the rest of the group went for a walk. Both of us are 70 and had never done this before but we felt completely safe. The harnesses were comfortable and securely attached and with two lines we were never unattached from the main wires. In addition we had well fitting helmets.Two guides helped us on and off platforms, safety is a high priority with this agency. We had hoped to reach platform 5 but had such an adrenaline rush that we travelled the whole line. I would recommend it to anyone, in fact several people on the walk regretted their choice not to try it. The rest of the excursion was fun too, we saw lots of animals in the canal area, had two fresh fruit snacks and the visit to the banana plant was far more interesting than I expected. Our guide, Jackie, was well informed and mixed humour with facts about Costa Rica as we travelled. A great day out and at 5 hours just the right amount of time.

There are newer reviews for Greenway Nature Day Tours

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Greenway Nature Tours are awesome to work with. I would strongly recommend using this travel agency if you would like an organized trip. I have booked two different Costa Rica trips through the agency and both were amazing. Five years ago, we booked a Vacation Package which I saw on their website. This time, I contacted the agency, and they customized a trip per my requests. A representative meets you at the airport with a complete Tour package listing all your information and vouchers. The Tour Package is all arranged. Each voucher tells you what time the transportation will pick you up for a transport to the next resort or excursion. The transportation was always within 15 minutes of the time on the voucher. We did not have to worry about renting a vehicle and finding the places we needed to go. The resorts were amazing. We started in San Jose, was transported out to the Arenal area, and then to Manuel Antonio. It always helps when all the details of the trip is worked out when you are on vacation. Thanks Greenway Nature Tours!!!

1  Thank JscottPlymouth_IN
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We booked the Limon highlights (6 in 1) tour and really enjoyed it. The booking process went very smoothly. We were met by Alberto, who was our guide for the day. Alberto was an amazing guide, very enthusiastic and engaging. He educated us about Costa Rica (which is what we were hoping for), and was very knowledgeable about flora and fauna. The hike he led us on through the rainforest was fantastic. We were in a smaller bus than the tours from the ship, so our group was smaller which made the whole experience much better. For those wanting a taste of many different things, I highly recommend this tour with Greenway.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Best excursion of our cruise. Contrary to other reviews, the zip line was a short drive from Limon and the river boat tour not much farther away. There were only eight passengers in our van. Our guide Roberto was extremely knowledgeable and charming. The jungle was gorgeous and the zip lining experience exhilarating, fun and comfortable. The people working on the platforms could not have been more helpful and patient. There were 12 platforms and 11 lines - we wanted it to never end. They served us delicious fruit after each event. I booked with Greenway on-line before we left for the cruise and the booking and meeting at the pier were efficient. I highly recommend this company and tour.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

A friend had recommended this Eco Adventure tour, so our group of 6 booked online before our Panama Canal cruise. So glad we did. We met our guides as we left the ship. They took us through the beautiful countryside to the Hotel Villa Lapas where we suited up for our zipline tour. We are all senior citizens, and some were a bit apprehensive, but the young men in charge were very professional and friendly. Everyone had a great time!
Then we enjoyed a wildlife safari boat tour on the Tarcoles River. The crocodiles and birds were amazing. All in all a perfect day.

1  Thank Julie B