Centro Turistico Brigitte
$85
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Hotel Nirvana by the Sea(Cahuita)(Great Value!)
$31
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbanana pancakeshorseback ridingbrilliant breakfastcats and dogsguide raulthe buschocolate tourmain townfour nightsjungle tourlaundry servicepata negrablack beachrestaurants and shopstwo double bedsfruit plattera lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed in Cahuita in November 2010 and in November 2012. Every morning we enjoyed the excellent breakfast at Brigitte's place, although we stayed at Cabinas Iguana just some meters away. Brigitte has a lot of Information about the Cahuita area. Together with Negro she organizes boat trips on the Rio La Estrella. A trip that can be recommended to everyone who loves nature. We saw lots of birds, monkeys, crocodiles, iguanas and basiliscs.

We will always be glad to come back for another beautiful breakfast sometimes!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We went for one of the horseback tours and found it amazing. The horses were in amazing condition and the guide (Luis) was friendly and knowledgeable.
Would definitely recommend it plus the price was really quite competitive.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 2, 2013

2 months before traveling to Costa Rica for my first time I already knew I would travel to Cahuita and stay at Brigitte's. Since my arrival I have traveled to Puerto Viego but returned to Cahuita because of the tranquilly and kindness extended to me by the staff at Brigitte's and Brigitte herself. She is an amazing women and has created a beautiful sanctuary for guests who desire to be close to nature and her cabins are so bright and welcoming. Horseback riding is also offered and the guides are fabulous...additionally their is breakfast served and her banana pancakes are the, "Best in the world." Pura Vida is available too...Hasta Luego...

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I went specifically to Cahuita to ride Brigitte's horses. It was great that a private horse ride for me could be organized for that very afternoon of arrival. So began my lovely time in Cahuita where I rode every day with the beautiful sunshine, sometimes on the beach (my favourite), other times in the jungle or into the mountains. The guides and Brigitte and her other staff/volunteer were all friendly and welcoming, so key to a memorable time. They were flexible in where/when I and others wanted to go on the rides. The horses are so easy and comfortable to ride. I could take photos while cantering on Nieve on the beach, she was so steady and gentle. Her daughter, Sol, was always ready to canter and gallop on a dime, but always well-behaved and manageable. And Eclipse, so cute as he welcomed the hose dousing his face.

I did not end up staying at Brigitte's as she told me the private cabin I was supposed to get was no longer available. I stayed just down the road at another cabin which was managed by a very lovely couple who were so thoughtful. My accommodations were more than adequate - I was given a triple room with ensuite bath and they gave me cold bottled water on more than one occasion with a cooler and ice - very welcome in the heat of the Caribbean. The breakfasts at Brigitte were very good, and I highly recommend a smoothie on a scorching day.

I am late in my review, but I was inspired to write this as I fondly relived again many of the fine moments.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had a good time riding on the Playa Negra. They made an extra effort to chose horses that fit each of us since I wanted a horse that would allow me to gallop on the beach whereas my wife wanted a horse to be calm because it was her first ride. We took the 1 1/2 hour ride but it really lasted two hours and the guide was very flexible.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple