The Goddess Garden
$85
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Hotel Nirvana by the Sea(Cahuita)(Great Value!)
$31
$77
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsyoga teacher trainingyoga retreatminutes by caran amazing placeintensejungleaccommodationstreesmonkeysnature
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Yoga has been my passion for quite a time and for the first time I joined a Yoga retreat in Costa Rica. The experience is much more intense than in Mexico and this because of the lush rainforest. The garden full of flowers and big trees is breathtaking. Especially the Goddess tree which is just WOW…. Just sit and watch: butterflies, dragonflies, toucans, sloths and of course the howler monkeys with their babies. I was surprised that there were no mosquitoes.
The installations are stunning, the food is mostly vegetarian, very nutritious and everything freshly made from scratch and so delicious. The Yoga studio is fabulous and I loved the Yoga lesson in the morning when the soft morning light that was coming through the trees.
Thank you Jacqueline and Marcelo for creating such a sacred space.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Geoalehook
Jacqueline B, Propietario at The Goddess Garden, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2016

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had the opportunity to spend a few days at The Goddess Garden. The most interesting part of the resort is the location: it is surrounded by giant trees and an intense jungle life. Howler monkeys and the intense sound of many birds wake you up in the morning. How delightful! If you like true nature this is the right place for you. The food was delicious and with great variety, very healthy and organic.
All the staff was very helpful and fiendly. It was a pleasure to enjoy the pool or hang out at the beach, an endless pristine sandy beach. Activities like horseback riding, ziplining and chocolate tour are great.
We enjoyed the vacation at fullest. Thank you Goddess Garden, we will be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are bright and spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dbos821

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I had come to goddess gardens with my class after we were rescuing turtle eggs from poachers south of Lìmon. The facilities at that place were nothing short of gross. When we came to Goddess Gardens, we were happy with how great the hotel was. The rooms were clean, the pool was nice, and the setting was amazing. The hotel was a yoga retreat place actually set in the beautiful rainforest of Costa Rica and so close the the main town of Cahuita. There was so much nature there too. When my friends and I were walking from the breakfast room, a pit viper slithered through the pathway. Luckily, no one was bitten. Come to this unique Eco friendly hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank Kharys T

Thank you for your opinion. You were very lucky to see a snake as they do not show up very often. I doubt that it was a Pitviper, as we have never seen one on the grounds in 16 years. There are plenty of inofensive not venenous snakes here. They hide from humans and it is hard to see them.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I just (two days ago) returned from a two week stay at the Goddess Garden where I stayed while participating in a yoga teacher training with Marianne Wells. A big shout out to all the Howling Yogis. I'll save my praise for Marianne for later and start with The Goddess Garden. The setting is lush and exotic. You are in the jungle! No need for a alarm clock. The Howler Monkeys will have you up in plenty of time for yoga practice. The rooms are clean, comfortable, airy and large with your choice of single to shared and dorm accommodations. No a/c but a cool shower and a fan was all I needed for a comfortable night's sleep. I also brought baby power to sprinkle in my bed every night to take the dampness out of the sheets. The yoga studio, dinning room, pool area, and lounging areas were clean and comfortable and open to the jungle expanse. Mosquito nets helped to keep the critters out, but I was surprised to find that the mosquitos were not that bad. I brought a whole can of spray back with me. The food was fabulous, mostly vegetarian, and plentiful. We were spoiled everyday with a hearty breakfast, lunch and dinner. I find it hard to believe I came home 5 pounds lighter, but I guess I owe that to Marianne and our intense training. Thank you to Jacqueline, Marcelo and Shontell and their wonderful staff for making my stay at The Goddess Garden so memorable!

Marianne, Ron and their lovely assistant Lydia made for a great team. The training is intensive and the days are long, so be prepared to work hard, to be challenged and for the most incredible experience of your life! Marianne has so much knowledge that I am sure she could easily have gone on for another two weeks. You will work on postures with a focus on alignment and safety, safety, safety. You will be exposed to different branches of yoga and even children's and senior's yoga. You will learn how to use props like a pro and get practical advice on restorative yoga. I'm sure everyone's experience was different, but I know many of the members in my group also experienced a personal spiritual awakening. Not something you can describe in a travellers review, but definitely worth mentioning. Ron and Lydia complement Marianne with sutra studies (around the pool - I mean, where else?), anatomy and a study of the chakras. And there were also a couple of mornings for quiet reflection and a chance to do some journaling or go for a walk on the beach. We had two field trips into town to shop, dine and socialize which gave us a nice break. The friendships I have forged will last a lifetime. I am now a certified yoga instructor with the confidence I need to go forward and teach, but I will never forget my two weeks in Costa Rica.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank Kelly M

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We spent a wonderful time at The Goddess Garden. The experience in the rainforest was so intense with all the amazing animals, flowers and trees...
The food was so delicious and healthy and the rooms so comfortable. When it gets hot the pool and the beach are the right place to go.
There are plenty of excursions to join and the one to the Yorkin tribe is one of the best.
We can recommend the place to anyone who wants to have a real good Yoga experience in Costa Rica.

Room Tip: The dorms are very comfortable
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends