“Another wonderful night”

Coral Reef
Ranked #21 of 58 Restaurants in Cahuita
Cuisines: Central American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Reviewed at this Costa Rican website. Food is insanely good: http://www.costaricaindex.com/coral.html
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Another wonderful night”
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I just can't get over how incredible the Filet cooked in Coconut sauce was again. Perfect; 10 out of 10. Dissappointed that they were out of the Coconut Flan, but there's always next time!

• Visited April 2011

Thunder Bay, Canada
“Simply can't stop going here”
Reviewed February 19, 2011

I met my wife in Cahuita in April 2010; our first date was at the Coral Reef. The food, service and atmosphere was top notch. I knew I would never forget that night. We had our second date there in May, and naturally why go somewhere else? It's like fishing; you never switch locations when they're biting! I returned in August, and of course we went again. We married in January 2011, and there was never any question where the reception was going to be! Julian, the owner, put on the best wedding reception I'd ever been to, to which anyone would reply "because it was yours!". But it was more than that; the guests were raving about the food. His Beef Tenderloin cooked in Coconut sauce would make any chef blush with envy. I've never had a better steak and I'm a hobby chef and have cooked some killer steaks. I've had his shrimp cooked 3 different ways; he's a master of seafood as well. I don't know where to start on service and hospitality, but how much more can you say than perfect? I brought Christmas lights from Canada as a gift for my wife, and who volunteers to put them up? Yep, Julian. He and his wife pulled out all the stops and not only put the lights up, but decorated the whole floor with local flora and fauna. The Heliconia were the most perfect specimens I've seen yet in Costa Rica.
People, the food alone is worth the visit, and like almost everywhere I've been to in Costa Rica, the quality of the people I've met surpasses it. Julian? Thanks again for everything. See you in March!! Pura Vida!!

• Visited January 2011