“Romance Points”

Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Cahuita
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Costa Rican
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: 3 minutes walk beyond El Canto B&B. I saw no street signs.
New York
“Romance Points”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Delicious local menu offerings and attentive but non-intrusive service. The restaurant is named "On the Waves" and its title delivers. We dined and sipped a heady Malbec seated at a beautiful candle-lit table for two which was literally lapped by the gentle waves of the warm Caribbean Sea. A return walk on the beach from this lovely seaside eatery. Enjoy.

Visited November 2013

• Czech first
Munich, Germany
“best caribean meal ever!”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

great view to the ocean, super friendly service, great fish with caribean sauce (coconut). definitely a place you should not miss.

• Visited December 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“Best meal in Costa Rica”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Sobra las Olas is located perfectly at a beautiful beach, literally "sobre las Olas". We went there for lunch and went the next day again, because we loved the food and the service so much.
The fish was delicious, the squid as well and the portions were big enough to make us really happy. The next day I had a most tasty ceviche.

Visited December 2013
San Jose de la Montana, Costa Rica
“Yum!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My wife and I visited for lunch on Friday, 13 Dec 2013 during a long week-end venture. We are permanent residents of Costa Rica for some years and have had numerous experiences around the country. This was one of the best. The setting is right on the narrow beach (this is unusual in Costa Rica due to maritime zone restrictions), during high tides the water laps gently right at the foot of the exposed reef, just onshore. Seating is in or outside per your preference, although the outside is limited to about 6-7 4-tops. The menu is a blend of Caribe and Italian. My wife opted for two bocas (appetizers) instead of a entree and both were delicious. She had the fresh ceviche and the mussels. The mussels were especially excellent with a garlic-wine sauce. I had the Carlos Espaguete de Mariscos and that generous dish gave the lie to Friday the 13th. It was my lucky day. This sauce was the best I have had, the pasta was al dente par excellence and the blend of seafoods perfect - just enough of each and enough of all. The sole server was a bit pressed to keep up with all the outside tables (they were full) but this is the land of Pura Vida and we have learned to relax and enjoy. A good glass of wine for my wife and a Imperial for me along with the sunny day, gentle breezes and lapping waves made the wait pleasurable. This part of the world is not inexpensive now but I feel I got good comparative value. We'll be back.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank stfree
Colonial Beach, Virginia
“great views”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Great setting so a noon meal might be best. A little pricey but good food and good service. Right on the beach.

Visited December 2013