“Great Food & Service!”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Costa Rican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We ate there twice in a week because we enjoyed it so much. Located just outside the main strip of Cahuita along the beach, Sobre Las Olas is a delightful Italian inspired restaurant. Open from noon to 10pm , the food is terrific, the ambience is relaxed but nice, and the service is attentive without being overbearing. We had a fabulous dinner both times. I had garlic white wine shrimp and fish and chips. My sister had veggie ratatouille and spicy pasta. We had the bruschetta both times because it was so fresh and well made. nothing was too greasy. we didn't get sick! and it came highly recommended from a friend who has lived in the area 5 years.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,096)

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had dinner at this restaurant our first night in Costa Rica. It was very relaxing after a 3 hour flight and a 4 hour shuttle ride from San Jose. The menu had a lot of variety and the food was delicious. I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

The food was awesome. However we sat outside and we were bitten alive by I think sand fleas or flies that kinda sucked.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My wife and I had a great experience at Sobre. The food was fantastic (I opted for the lobster and my wife the filet) and the service was wonderful- thanks to Javier! Javier was one of the few waiters on our trip that really talked with us about the food and gave us recommendations. He was the best! The setting was great, the owner was very engaging and helpful- we certainly think of this meal as a highlight of our Cahuita dining.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Amazing ambiente, amazing service, food, view and people. Get the catch of the day or whatever else on the menu. A bit more expensive than most places in Cahuita, but very worth it. Super friendly and fun staff, muchisimas gracias!