“Best food with best view”
Review of Sobre las Olas

Sobre las Olas
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Cahuita
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Costa Rican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Deliciously cooked and nicely presented meals in a very nice ambiente. And because of very few tourists in the cahuita area you can have the restaurant all to yourself...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,016)

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Nice location at the beach. The food was great. Not too cheap but also not too expensive. Take the fresh fish and you can't go wrong.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This was a beautiful restaurant with great service. They spoke good english for dummies like me so it was easy to order. We went with a big group and they took good care of us! I got the octopus which was very good. My friend got the fish (I dont remember what...sea bass maybe?) that was very very good! They have indoor or outdoor seating which is nice that way you can take in all the beauty of costa rica!

1  Thank Jlp90
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was my second visit this year (1st in busy February) and again the fresh shrimp was firm and plump and the herbs, butter and garlic was perfect. I took my mother (80 this year!) and she pronounced the fish and chips excellent. But honestly its the waveside table you go for and the food is just a bonus. We went on a sultry, green season afternoon and the warm ocean breeze and crashing waves make you want to stay all afternoon.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We dined here twice during our stay in Cahuita. We had the ceviche, which was really good , and spaghetti with prawns and a spicy tomato sauce, which are not officially on the menu but they should be (I suggest Marco, the owner and chef, to call it Spaghetti alla Scalisi).
It's not a cheap place by backpackers standards but it's very well worth it and portions are huge! Try to get a table outside for the great view and don't be shy and ask for some bread to mop up the delicious sauce!

1  Thank Jeez4475