La Piscina Natural
  • Beachfront
$103
$94
$60
All reviewsnatural poolpastrywhat makes this placetiny frogsown mealsbeautiful gardencosta ricacommunal kitchenpata negrahighly recommend staying herethe black sand beachhonor systemcaribbean seaflora and faunawonderful staycahuita townamazing place
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Piscina Natural is an incredibly lush ocean-front garden space with little bungalows tucked inside. The space is magnificent -- teeming with wildlife, backing right up to the ocean, and complete with a natural tide pool perfect for wading and relaxing. There is a wonderful outdoor area with hammocks and a gazebo for relaxing by the crashing waves. The rooms are clean, beds with mosquito nets are very comfortable, and the prices are the best around! There is a kitchen to use to prepare your own meals, with free coffee in the morning and free wifi. The location is a bit of a walk from town, but it is bearable... it is worth it for the gardens! It's an easy, 5 minute walk to Playa Negra.
My only complaint is that the owners were hard to track down -- even when we needed to pay for our stay! They are extremely welcoming people, but it is not the same as having someone working in reception who can assist with calling a taxi or suggesting a good restaurant. Also, screens on the windows for the rooms would be nice.... we found a few geckos crawling through our stuff! Harmless, and not a big deal, but just a small comment.
Overall.... highly worth it ... a truly unique and beautiful spot to fully embrace the Costa Rican lifestyle!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jill6487
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Patty and Walter are warm and welcoming. We appreciated the well maintained gardens and the relaxed way they handled paying for our visit (you just write your name down for any drinks you take and pay at the end). Beautiful setting. It is out at the end of town, which isn't a long walk for going in for dinner, but was a long walk when we first arrived with our bags. I would recommend reserving ahead if possible in order to avoid being disappointed if there are no rooms available after your long walk. The rooms and kitchen were some of the cleanest and most well stocked we experienced on our 2 month trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2012

What can I say about this place(more about slothe father down) and its caretakers/owners.If you are looking for a place to immerse yourself into the Costa Rican culture this is the place to be. I arrived with no reservation but determined to stay there no matter I had spotted this place on yahoo pics..I was not disappointed Patty welcomed me and I immediatly felt at home and Walter Patty's partner ..wellll what can you say about Walter other then calm and mellow with a very infectious sense of humor.If you want a peaceful place to rest your head and your independent this is the place for you if you want to know the history of the area Patty is passionate and direct and a wealth of information as well as Walter. If however you are looking round the clock room service well why bother leaving home this is a romantic little gem that I for one am glad has not become anything other then what is was meant to be and Patty makes that happen with her gardens which you will find her in every morning with her machete making controlled choas out of her plants and flowers. Her crafts with drift wood are fun as well as creative.The high light was the slothe swimming across Patty and Walters tidal pool haha did not know they could swim...YEP sure can and with luck the gal who shot video still has my email and sends it to me Thanks Patty and Walter with out a doubt hands down the best place ever at least for me

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and clean and quite.So anyone will be fine
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Denise G
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I was surprised to discover at my arrival that this is not a hotel as I imagined. It is a lodge, with bungalows.
I rated as average for a bungalow. If rating as a hotel (as stated in their website), rate will be lower.
You can make use of the kitchen to prepare your own breakfast and meals.
Shops are about 2kms away, in the center of Cahuita, as any decent place to eat.
The nearest beach from the hotel is not suitable for swim, about 500m away you have a better beach, but still, quite dangerous with big waves.
Pros: owners are extremely friendly; wifi; the garden with animals and birds; hammock; natural pool
Cons: location; beach; uncomfortable bed; thousand of insects climbing the room walls (and probably me as well); noisy fan (no AC); small and over washed towels; leaking bathroom; no breakfast

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We were welcome by the charming Patty who showed us around, luckily enough, the whole place was empty and Patty was really cool with conditions. The place is very nice and relaxing, the Piscina Natural isn't the best spot to go in the water, I mean don't go to piscina natural for the "Piscina Natural". But the playa negra is not far, and the place is very cool. Hot water, Wifi, amazing garden, have a look at the pictures and you'll see.
My car broke down there, and Patty was really cool, helping us fixing it, proposing to keep it if needed... you can go. I have more doubts about actually going to Cahuita! but there, you can go.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple