Away from it all hideaway, but a close stroll to a couple of little restaurant/bars for an evening meal, and just round the corner from the wonderful Brigitte's Breakfasts of fresh pineapple juice, banana pancakes, coffee and eggs if you have room. (See photo).
The little guesthouse and very private, well equipped cabin rooms (we had the Green Room) are set hidden in the most beautiful gardens - alive with humming birds and dripping with tropical flowers. The pool is delicious, and we had it all to ourselves on the two days that we were there.
Through the gate and literally a stones throw away across the quiet little dirt road is the black beach of Playa Negra and the Caribbean - a wonderful dawn or sunset stroll and/or swim.
The owner Greg was friendly and helpful - and would have organised all sorts of adventures if only we had had the time. Sadly this was nearly the end of our Costa Rican holiday and we were happy just to relax in this beautiful oasis.
next time we will stay for much longer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Negra Guesthouse is a small seaside hotel located at Playa Negra, on the southern Caribbean coast of Costa Rica, one kilometre north of the centre of the town of Cahuita. Opened in December 2008, the hotel offers upper scale accommodation consisting of two lovely, fully equipped Caribbean style cottages, three tastefully decorated guest rooms, swimming pool and pool house. The cottages and rooms overlook lush, carefully maintained gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Playa Negra Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Negra Guesthouse Hotel Cahuita
- Playa Negra Guesthouse Costa Rica/Cahuita