From the moment you enter, this place has the WOW factor! The open-air lobby has beautiful stone work and a stunning rainforest mural. You then walk down the covered walkways to your room. Ours overlooked the pool with a wrap around deck shared with the room next door. The rooms are attractively furnished with lovely artwork. The swimming pool is surrounded by rainforest, you can see birds flying overhead while swimming! We even saw a pair of Great Green Macaws! The restaurant has an equally lovely setting with nice pizzas and main meals. Breakfast is upstairs and served as a buffet. We came in a bit late due to the birding but still found enough to fill us up. I just LOVE the tables, too bad I couldn't bring one home! I knew I had zero chance of getting it home in one piece even if I could carry it! One of the nicest things about this lodge is the educational displays and the evening lecture by the lodge's official guide, Alejandro. Alejandro was an awesome guide (and photographer) and gave us a fantastic early morning bird walk! There are some nice trails on the property, both covered and uncovered and you can walk down by the river to see more birds. He knows their calls and has eagle eyes for spotting them!
I have photos of both the lodge and birds on my blog: Miles to the Wild, search on Selva Verde.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Selva Verde is more than a lodge and more than a rainforest reserve. It is your gateway into a magical world of towering Almendro trees, Mantled Howler Monkeys, and Keel Billed Toucans. Immerse yourself in tropical nature as you hike through deep green forest or reflect quietly in a comfortable hammock. Discover something new as you encounter Selva Verde's amazing wildlife and vibrant people. Rekindle your sense of wonder and experience the out-of-the-ordinary. Experience Selva Verde! Located just 2 hours from San Jose, Selva Verde provides easy access to the wonders of the rainforest. For over 30 years, we have been a haven for nature enthusiasts from around the world. Our abundant biodiversity, comfortable rainforest lodge, and exciting activities are ideal for adventure seekers, bird and wildlife watchers, students, and families. Come explore Selva Verde's 500 acres of vibrant tropical nature in the heart of Costa Rica's Sarapiqui Canton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Selva Verde Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Selva Verde Hotel Sarapiqui
- Selva Verde Lodge Costa Rica/Sarapiqui