Stayed three nights in a riverside bungalow at this lodge whose rooms have seen better days. Unfortunatelly a quite busy road passes by the resort. So the more far away from the road (and closer to the river) your room is the more quiet it is. Rooms itself need refurnishing and are- if you see it positive- rustic ;-)
Two restaurants: ground floor a la carte restaurant ambitious and good, first floor restaurant buffet style and not recommended.
Near restaurant- building bird feeding station, phantastic for birdwatching- from toucans to oropendolas.
Great pool in a beautiful garden, sometimes howlers in trees around.
Speaking of wildlife and garden: The bungalows are scattered in a blooming garden with hummingbirds around- awsome.
We had prebooked activities at the lodge itself and at La Selva Biological Station (about 15min away by car). At the lodge excellent night walks (frogs) and walks in their primary forest.
But even more impressive are any kind of walks at La Selva Biological Station: enthusiastic young guides, heaven for birders, highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Selva Verde is more than a lodge and more than a rainforest reserve. It is your gateway into a magical world of towering Almendro trees, Mantled Howler Monkeys, and Keel Billed Toucans. Immerse yourself in tropical nature as you hike through deep green forest or reflect quietly in a comfortable hammock. Discover something new as you encounter Selva Verde's amazing wildlife and vibrant people. Rekindle your sense of wonder and experience the out-of-the-ordinary. Experience Selva Verde! Located just 2 hours from San Jose, Selva Verde provides easy access to the wonders of the rainforest. For over 30 years, we have been a haven for nature enthusiasts from around the world. Our abundant biodiversity, comfortable rainforest lodge, and exciting activities are ideal for adventure seekers, bird and wildlife watchers, students, and families. Come explore Selva Verde's 500 acres of vibrant tropical nature in the heart of Costa Rica's Sarapiqui Canton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Selva Verde Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Selva Verde Hotel Sarapiqui
- Selva Verde Lodge Costa Rica/Sarapiqui