Our tour group of teachers spent three fabulous days and nights here. Be aware of the Howler Monkey alarm clock that goes off just before sunrise and sets off the rooster--but if that bothers you, use ear plugs. It was just part of the experience! The birding was spectacular and the beautiful surroundings was even moreso! Morning and night hikes are a must in order to see life in the selva. Take a river tour and go zip-lining!! We spent some time learning to make patacones and empanadas with the local women and bought their jewelry. We will all take back a new appreciation of the tropical rainforest to our students. I would suggest that you pack your own pillow and camping mattress if you are sensitive to sleeping arrangments. An ice machine and water cooler are centrally located to keep you hydrated and more comfortable, but enjoying the jungle makes you overlook any inconveniences you left behind. KEEP A JOURNAL!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Selva Verde is more than a lodge and more than a rainforest reserve. It is your gateway into a magical world of towering Almendro trees, Mantled Howler Monkeys, and Keel Billed Toucans. Immerse yourself in tropical nature as you hike through deep green forest or reflect quietly in a comfortable hammock. Discover something new as you encounter Selva Verde's amazing wildlife and vibrant people. Rekindle your sense of wonder and experience the out-of-the-ordinary. Experience Selva Verde! Located just 2 hours from San Jose, Selva Verde provides easy access to the wonders of the rainforest. For over 30 years, we have been a haven for nature enthusiasts from around the world. Our abundant biodiversity, comfortable rainforest lodge, and exciting activities are ideal for adventure seekers, bird and wildlife watchers, students, and families. Come explore Selva Verde's 500 acres of vibrant tropical nature in the heart of Costa Rica's Sarapiqui Canton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Selva Verde Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Selva Verde Hotel Sarapiqui
- Selva Verde Lodge Costa Rica/Sarapiqui