All reviewsclose to the airportsan josecosta ricafree breakfastthird floorairport hotelfree shuttlefresh fruitwater pressurestandard roomrice and beansnice poolbooked this hotelstayed for one nightsjo airportshopping mallan upgrade
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here during the Central American Games ....was a wonderful experience with great staff!
Spent a week here and enjoyed it totally....As much as this place was a little ways off from City Center it is near to Plaza Cariari for shopping with a quaint souvenir shop nearby!
The grounds are always well kept and botanical plant names are posted.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
RD_GuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear, Belizebwai

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed Belizebwai. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Best Regards

Mauricio Luna
mluna@radisson.co.cr
+506 20106000

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here on our last night to catch a morning flight. Hotel is ok. Service was ok. i have no big complaints. they did their job. They keep the hotel clean but it is outdated. We were in the Presidential Suite which was big and nice but incredibly outdated! They have an airport shuttle but it only goes once an hour so keep that in mind. Breakfast was included but was not very good. Please know that this review comes from someone who stayed in five star resorts on the other nights so I might be jaded. I think for a discount hotel it is fine but if looking for an airport hotel I would pick one of the newer ones.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Country Inn & Suites San Jose, Costa Rica. We were very sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay due to the fact that the hotel seemed outdated and your breakfast was not agreeable. We will take your comments and share them with hotel management and staff to ensure corrective action is taken. If you would like to further discuss your stay with one of our agents, please contact us directly at ccare@carlsonrezidor.com

Deanna

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My first impression of the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose, Costa Rica began before my arrival. A couple of days before departure I e-mailed the hotel directly. I stated our flight number and arrival time, and that I knew they had an airport shuttle service – how should I contact them upon our arrival? They promptly wrote back that there was no need for me to contact them. That a driver would be waiting for us holding a placard with my name, and the hotel’s logo. After passing customs, all international travelers seem to be funneled out the same exit at that airport. The doors open to a throng of people loudly offering taxis, tours, and places to stay. It might have been a bit intimidating if not for a friendly man holding a sign with my name in bold letters. The complimentary airport shuttle is so appreciated!
The desk staff was very welcoming. We had chosen a junior suite and stayed in room 118. King-sized bed, two TV's, two love seats, ottomans, a microwave and mini-fridge. Our room had a private deck overlooking the pool (approximately 18 x 24 feet) with two patio chairs and a small table.
Our first meal in Costa Rica was at the hotel restaurant. I had a chicken and mushroom dish that was delicious, and of such generous proportion that the leftovers were my supper for the next night. In fact, the waiter carefully packaged up my leftovers between two disposable plates, wrapping it all in plastic wrap while securing a napkin and fork to the package. It was very thoughtful. The open air restaurant overlooks the pools and the area is beautifully landscaped and attracted many birds for viewing.
I looked forward to the free breakfast the next morning, but was rather dismayed to see a very large group of people (perhaps high school or college age) go to breakfast while we were still getting ready. We have had this happen many times in the United States at various hotel chains. A school or youth group goes into the smallish breakfast room and the poor hostess is not capable of keeping all of the foods filled, nor is there any seating room for anyone else. I needn’t have worried. This hotel has foresight for such conditions and groups are offered breakfast in a separate dining area! The array of options offered for a complimentary breakfast was astounding! Eggs - made to order, pastries, cheese, breads, juices, rice and beans, and enticing fruits were plentiful!
We were booked at the hotel for February 16-18, and again before our return to the States on February 22-23rd. We liked our room so much that we requested (and got) the same one for our last night as well. Sadly, we had to leave for the airport at 6:00 am, before breakfast would be served – the lobby staff does provide coffee, fruit and pastry for those who must leave early. Again, the shuttle was complimentary

Room Tip: Room 118 has a great view, great patio and is quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great value for money - you get a lot of space for a little here. Very clean, great amenities. Lovely staff. Very close to a mall for shopping, a large gym, supermarkets within 3 mins walking, nice cafes etc.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had two separate stays here, both one night after and before a flight. The hotel is located about 10 minutes by car from the airport. They have a complimentary shuttle but with very limited hours.

The room we got (I think we were upgraded as Club Carlson gold members) were big and decent. They all faced the courtyard where there are two pools. Both of the rooms had big balconies with chairs. Breakfast was very good for the price.

For our last stay we had to check out at 05 in the morning and the night before asked the hotel if they could help arrange a taxi. The hotel agreed to this and said it would cost USD 18 for our private transportation. We thought this was expensive but agreed to it (normal taxi is much less).

The next morning our taxi (the hotel shuttle) was about 10 minutes late and they asked us if another guy could ride with us. We gladly accepted this and during the ride the guy told us his company was paying for the shuttle. Even so (and the shuttle driver gave the guy a receipt) we had to pay $18 for our private shared shuttle...

All in all I would have rated this hotel 4/5 had it not been for our shuttle experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family