All reviewsclose to the airportcosta ricasan josefree breakfastthird floorairport hotelfree shuttlefresh fruitwater pressurestandard roomrice and beansnice poolbooked this hotelcoffee makersjo airportshopping mallan upgrade
Reviewed January 25, 2012

My family and I (party of 7 - four adults and three children) stayed twice at the Country Inn and Suites on our Costa Rican adventure in January. I must admit that I was very pleasantly surprised. We enjoy Country Inn and Suites hotels in the States, but were weary of the reviews of this property. The property is laid out interestingly - the lobby is across a little drive from the rooms. The section of rooms is laid out around the pool with balconies overlooking the pool. Outside the rooms on the interior, you have your own little lobby with seating, computers, and coffee makers. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. I am not sure if our section was new or old, but it was modern. Even though we did not use the pool, I wish we had. It was lovely. They had a large breakfast buffet and if you did not find something you liked, they took orders for eggs or omelets. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Costa Rica for a stop before or after a flight, or while transitioning from place to place. What a find!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
RD_CRSanJose, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear lhtravels1,

I appreciated your comments very much. So glad you enjoyed the breakfast, the views from your room and the all the other amenities you mentioned that we have to offer. I look forward to serving when you visit us next time! Have a pleasant day.

Best regards,

Mauricio Luna Arce.
Revenue Coordinator
Tel: 506-20106000
Email: mluna@countryinns.co.cr

Reviewed January 8, 2012

My husband and I spent our first night of our Costa Rican adventure at the Country Inn & Suites San Jose before moving onto Arenal. Our flight arrived around 9:30pm so we decided to stay close to the airport for our first night.

From SJO it was a $10 taxi ride. We found that the staff were very accomodating and very friendly and helpful. We had a standard double room, which was just big enough for a bed and desk, but we were comfortable. We had no issues with cleanliness, air conditioning, bathroom, shower, etc. Everything was just fine.

That evening we walked a couple blocks to a mall where there was a fantastic modern, fresh market (we bought snacks and drinks, but it looked like to you could get anything you needed) and a few restaurants and bars. We hung out there for a bit to get some beers and felt safe and comfortable.

We were pleased to see how beautiful the grounds were and the breakfast was great - fresh coffee, fruit, rice n' beans, eggs cooked to order. We were expecting an "airport hotel" and it really was much better quality. We loved sitting out at night around the pool soaking in the tropical breezes!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Love2Vaca,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. Also on behalf of our future guests, thank you for the great description and tips you included in your post. I feel thrilled because I know we exceeded your expectations. I hope we will get an opportunity to serve you again soon!

Best wishes,

Mauricio Luna Arce.
Revenue Coordinator
Tel: 506-20106000
Email: mluna@countryinns.co.cr

Reviewed December 19, 2011

We stayed at a suit in the new section
It was owesome room with an ettick , kitchenet, sofa and desk
A lot of room
Amazingly clean

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Sergio R, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Dear guest,
We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.
We really work as hard as we can to make our great guests, such as yourself, feel welcomed, appreciated and as comfortable as possible. Our staff is always happy to exceed your expectations; we use our values to improve every day and make the guests feel comfortable in their stay.
Your feedback will serve as a key tool for us, so we can continually improve our services.
We appreciate your opinions and it will be an honor if you consider as again in the future.
Sergio Retana

Reviewed September 29, 2011

During a business trip, I stayed here for a few days in September 2011.
The hotel is about 20-30 minutes away from there airport; located close to the Doubletree Cariari; Ramada and a few other hotels.

I wonder why it says "...by Carlson" on the websites (not here on Tripadvisor) and expected
"Carlson" standards - which I couldn´t find.

The hotel in general is a bit worn out and it seems that the best days of this place are over.
Don´t get me wrong. There was nothing "really bad" - all a kind of OK for the price I paid.
But the hotel requires a main update/overhaul...

Checkin was quick - the bellboy seemed to be in a real hurry and banged my new suitcase several times against the handrail and doors on the way from the lobby to my room.

The furniture in the rooms is old; the floor (carpet) are functional at all for a hotel room
unless you want to plant something there...

The bed very large and soft.

The bathroom OK - but the shower was a kind of weak with the water temperature varying.

The "gym was orphaned": just 3 machines there; the treadmill had "speed limitations";
while I was there I didn´t see other people using it.

The hotel is 15 walking minutes away from the Cariari shopping mall where you find a number of different shops and restaurants.
Much closer is Fresh market where you get basic food etc.

The breakfast buffet was nice: fresh fruits, real=natural juices; breads; cereals; eggs made to your taste; cake, muffins etc. etc.
From the breakfast room you also have a nice view to the pool.

The htoel is a place to stay for 1-2 nights if you arrive or leave from San Jose;
I would not spend my holidays here.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank tom_brd

Dear Tom,
Thank you so much for sharing your comments, but also for taking the time to share your experience.
We’re so glad you chose Country Inn & Suites to come relax, please feel free to come visit us again and enjoy all our services.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

The free breakfast was awesome - all you can eat and one of the best selections we had on our entire trip to CR. The room was really small (not even enough room to layout our suitcases), but the decor and furnishings were all new and updated. The main problem we had was the AC was not working well. Our room got really warm in the middle of the night, and we were so tired we didnt feel like dealing with it, though uncomfortable.

The grounds were nice and well maintained. Staff was friendly.

The other thing was the pool was ice cold. Being from northern Illinois, we are used to cold pools, but this was really cold to the point I wouldnt even go in it.

Overall, I would reccomend this place, just make sure the AC is in working order BEFORE you unpack and go to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple