During a business trip, I stayed here for a few days in September 2011.
The hotel is about 20-30 minutes away from there airport; located close to the Doubletree Cariari; Ramada and a few other hotels.
I wonder why it says "...by Carlson" on the websites (not here on Tripadvisor) and expected
"Carlson" standards - which I couldn´t find.
The hotel in general is a bit worn out and it seems that the best days of this place are over.
Don´t get me wrong. There was nothing "really bad" - all a kind of OK for the price I paid.
But the hotel requires a main update/overhaul...
Checkin was quick - the bellboy seemed to be in a real hurry and banged my new suitcase several times against the handrail and doors on the way from the lobby to my room.
The furniture in the rooms is old; the floor (carpet) are functional at all for a hotel room
unless you want to plant something there...
The bed very large and soft.
The bathroom OK - but the shower was a kind of weak with the water temperature varying.
The "gym was orphaned": just 3 machines there; the treadmill had "speed limitations";
while I was there I didn´t see other people using it.
The hotel is 15 walking minutes away from the Cariari shopping mall where you find a number of different shops and restaurants.
Much closer is Fresh market where you get basic food etc.
The breakfast buffet was nice: fresh fruits, real=natural juices; breads; cereals; eggs made to your taste; cake, muffins etc. etc.
From the breakfast room you also have a nice view to the pool.
The htoel is a place to stay for 1-2 nights if you arrive or leave from San Jose;
I would not spend my holidays here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and enjoy at San Jose Hotel's location in Costa Rica. An inviting atmosphere, quality services and a convenient location near San Jose International Airport makes the Country Inn & Suites the perfect place for San Jose visitors to land. This hotel's location in Costa Rica offers thoughtful amenities designed to encourage rest and relaxation with two swimming pools, an on-site Fitness Center, an on-site restaurant and spacious guest rooms featuring attractive decor and home comforts. The Country Inn & Suites San Jose, Costa Rica hotel is perfect for business travelers, families or newlyweds as its conveniently located near downtown San Jose and major attractions like INBioparque, Volcano Poas and the Cafe Britt coffee plantation. Book online today and discover why this San Jose hotel's location in Costa Rica makes a great relaxation destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Carlson, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites San Jose Hotel San Antonio De Belen
- Country Inn And Suites San Jose
- San Jose Country Inn
- Country Inn San Jose
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica San Antonio De Belen