All reviewsclose to the airportsan josecosta ricafree breakfastthird floorairport hotelfree shuttlefresh fruitwater pressurestandard roomrice and beansnice poolbooked this hotelstayed for one nightsjo airportshopping mallan upgrade
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed here on our first night and last night in Costa Rica. The first night, we stayed in a standard room in a dark corner of the hotel with absolutely no natural light. The bathroom was small and the shower did not drain properly (resulting in a pool of collected water at the end of our showers). We were really dreading coming back to Country Inns and after check in on our last night, we realized our receptionist gave us our old room, but this time it was occupied! After walking in on the guests that were already staying in the room, the front desk realized their mistake and upgraded us to a large 2 bedroom suite. The suit had a bit more natural light, but still felt a bit dark, and the showers had the same problem.

Overall, staff is friendly and helpful, the landscaping around pool and restaurant is beautiful, and is only about 10 mins from downtown San Jose.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
TRL888, Sales Department at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

Dear guest,

We apreciated your prefenced in our hotel, your comments are so valuable to improve our service and we are making test in our shower to improve it.

Best regards,

Tiffany Rios
Phone: (506)2239-2272 ext. 453

Reviewed September 10, 2011

We stayed for 5 nights in the Country Inn & Suites while attending a conference at the Marriott. (the $8 shuttle ride is "nearby" in this city). The room and common areas were nicely maintained and all the staff we met were so friendly and helpful. The included breakfast buffet is served in their restaurant which remains open until 10 PM. It's hard to avoid comparisons, as other conference attendees were staying in other hotels, or at the very expensive,and isolated Marriott property. Our hotel offered free internet at a very decent speed. There were free coffee and cookies at several places in the halls, business center for printing maps and boarding passes (free). There's also free airport shuttle available hourly from 6 AM. Staying near the airport is also convenient to avoid the frequent downtown traffic slowdowns. One final note, which I always find helpful in reviews, is that within walking distance we found: local bus stop for 15 min bus ride to downtown San Jose (less than $1 US), Grocery store, cash machine, dry cleaners, beauty salon, gym, pharmacy, Italian restaurant, chocolate specialty shop, and a bit further down the road, a big souveneir store. Eager walkers could use the pedestrian overpass to access a full-size mall, but our schedule did not allow us to check it out. (or to try the pool)

Room Tip: Check the Country Inn and Suite (Carlson Club) website for promotions/specials.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Kathie H

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for the time you took to make the comment about our service. We are so glad that you accomodations was pretty good and hope you come back again.

Best regards,

Tiffany Rios
Phone: (506)2239-2272 ext.453

Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed in the Country Inn and Suites in August for one night on our way to SJO. We didn't plan ahead, and when we stopped at the Doubletree Cariari, where we usually stay, they had no rooms available. The Country Inn was right up the street, so we ended up there.
We had two rooms, (4 kids!) and they both smelled so badly I could hardly bear it. One room smelled strongly of mildew, the other just smelled really bad. (Of what I don't know.) I didn't inspect the rooms too closely, afraid of what I might find. I did see hairs on the bathroom counters and towels, and didn't bother to check the showers. The beds were comfortable enough, and considering we checked in around 6 pm and were leaving at 6 am I just dealt with it.
We ordered food from the restaurant on location against my husband's recommendation, and the fact that the Pizza Hut and Domino's numbers were both busy forever. We ordered some cheeseburgers "ketchup only" and got buns with cheese and ketchup. They quickly fixed that, but I wish I hadn't called and complained after I saw the meat. If it was hamburger I have never seen anything like it. Let me just say that I have a 15 year old boy and a 9 year old boy who eat ANYTHING and they would not eat the burgers. My husband refused to eat as well. So we went to bed with 4 kids who were starving, no showers, and hoped for the night to pass quickly.
When I return to San Jose I will be sure I have advance reservations at the Cariari.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JillC12

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about our service. It is very important to us to improve our every day. We are apolized for all the inconvenients, we alredy are taking the correcting actions.

Hoping to see you again at our hotel.

Best Regards,

Tiffany Ríos
Phone: 2237-2272 ext. 453

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Close to the airport, walking distance to market & mall (especially helpful if you're not renting a car), additionally very close to public buses that take you to downtown for under $1. Hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. Restaurant on site was a little expensive but had a varied menu and the complimentary breakfast buffet was very good.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Sergio R, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments, but also for taking the time to share your experience.

We really work as hard as we can to make our great guests, such as yourself, feel welcomed, appreciated and as comfortable as possible. Our staff is always happy to exceed your expectations; we use our values to improve every day and make the guests feel comfortable in their stay.

We appreciate your opinions and it will be an honor if you consider as again in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

We received solid experience, and the room was nice. The hotel was pretty far from anything else, however, and the food available at their restaurant was fairly mediocre.

Me and my wife stayed here for two nights. We had access to the internet in the room which helped pass the time, but it was necessary because of the isolation of the whole experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
TRL888, Sales Department at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Dear, Dwalindro

We apreciate your valuables comments about your accomodation in our hotel.
The hotel location is estrategic between San José (15 min)-Heredia(15 min) and is close of differents entertainment places to go alone, with friends or family like: restaurant and tours (Monastere, La Divina Comida, Grecia and Sarchí oxcart factory, Poas Volcane.. ect)

I recommend you, In your next visit please ask our bellmans about places to visit near.

Best Regards,