We, too, were recommended this hotel by Vamos. The grounds were lovely & the staff friendly. One of the reasons that I only gave 3 stars is because the room is just OK. There are 2 bath towels but no hand towels & no bath mat. Also, only one glass & one cup for the in room coffee. This is minor but would be easy to fix. Also, I agree with a previous reviewer about the lack of a mattress pad. We also felt that it is one of the noisiest places we have ever stayed. We were in #5 which is by the pool & guests were partying when we wanted to sleep. Traffic noise started up with a vengeance at 5am so no wake-up call was needed.
However, on the good side, we really enjoyed sitting outside & enjoying the lights of the city. It is a short walk to little shops. The restaurant at the hotel is excellent & we thought breakfast was, also. Beer & wine & cheeses were available at reasonable prices at the deli attached to the hotel.
As we travel frequently to San Jose we will give this hotel another try. We will ask for a room away from the street & hopefully they will upgrade the linens. Oh & I forgot to compliment the speed of the WiFi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free breakfast, shuttle to the airport and WiFi Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your La Riviera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Riviera Hotel San Antonio De Belen
- La Riviera Costa Rica/San Antonio De Belen