Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,252 results
All reviews the executive lounge beautiful hotel driving range coffee plantation costa rica san jose peruvian restaurant close to the airport beautiful grounds gift shop sports bar tennis courts golf course main restaurant hot tub breakfast buffet an oasis
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights to ease into our time in Costa Rica, and we were so happy with the choice. The hotel is on an old coffee plantation, and they even still have thriving beans growing in the beautiful long driveway into the property.

The Spanish mission decorations are exceptionally well-executed - it feels like you’re staying in a 500 year old building with modern amenities. Views from the pools (there are three, including the oversized spa) are beautiful, and the staff does cool events like cooking demonstrations and kid-friendly activities throughout the week.

We unexpectedly got access to the Executive Lounge throughout our stay, and were impressed with the breakfast and dinner options there if you don’t want to take advantage of the multiple restaurants on property (or just save a few Colones).

A little remote - you won’t be walking around much, but with great amenities on site and good food options, you may not want to.

Definitely a place we would choose again when visiting San Jose, or as a stopover before or after a flight out of SJO.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I hate to give this hotel only 3 stars because the building and grounds are lovely. However I feel that the staff should’ve been more in tune with things. As a Frequent business traveler, with very high Marriott status, I have a profile on the system which states that I prefer a high floor room away from the elevator. This usually equates to less hallway noise. Upon arrival, I was informed that I was given an upgrade. The room was on the 3rd floor, so I assumed all was good. The hotel only had a few floors so it seemed fine. Turns out the lobby was on the 3rd floor and my room was around the corner. The flooring is all ceramic tile and my room was around the corner from the elevator, and the stairway to the next floor and the hallway to the cafe. Needless to say, for each of the 3 nights I stayed there, hallway noise in the middle of the night was a problem and woke me up repeatedly. While I appreciate the upgrade, i think the hotel should understand the issue with these rooms. If I go back I will insist on a quieter location.

Trip type: Traveled on business
andrea25munoz25, Public Relations Manager at Costa Rica Marriott Hotel Hacienda Belen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear, Twins2tymes,
Our property is a Colonial Hacienda in the middle of a coffee plantation with the intention to make our guests feel like they are back in the Costa Rican colonial days, our property has a central garden and beautiful terracotta floors which tend to have more acoustic than a regular city hotel, even though it is part of the architecture I want to apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced.
We hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travels bring you back to San Jose, CR so that we can provide you with a premium experience that not only meet, but exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Outstanding service and kindness from staff. Rooms are comfortable and all what stands for the Marriotts promise. Cousy Pool, variety of restaurants and nice road for a morning walk inside the property.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Really impressed with this property. Stayed for one night before an early flight out of SJO. Chose it due to proximity to airport, great value, and brand loyalty. Was not expecting the property to be as architecturally beautiful and well maintained as we discovered it to be upon arrival. Plenty of easy, free parking in the nearby self-parking lot. Immediately recognized my Titanium status on arrival with upgraded room (golf course view). Food in the lounge was very good, beer/wine/cocktails for a fee. The hotel has an airport shuttle but it was not running for our early departure. Taxi service was $15 US, which I thought was reasonable overall. Will absolutely stay here again, hopefully for a longer stay next time!

Reviewed January 12, 2020

This hacienda hotel has a lot of character and charm with all the modern amenities one could wish for. Our flight into San Jose arrived too late at night to drive down to Manuel Antonio so we booked just one night here. Well, we wished we had 2 nights there so we could have tried the restaurants, bars and spent time at the pool. We had a very nice room with a view of the golf course and mountains. We used the Executive Lounge for breakfast with a surprising amount of choice of eggs, pancakes, smoothies and traditional Costa Rican rice and beans.
We were sad to leave and will definitely stay more than one night next time we fly into San Jose Airport!

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains and golf course
Date of stay: December 2019