Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
El Rodeo Estancia Boutique Hotel & Steakhouse(San Antonio De Belen)(Great Value!)
$83
$71
$94
Country Inn
$98
City Express San Jose Costa Rica(San Antonio De Belen)(Great Value!)
$80
  • Restaurant
  • Spa
$69
$67
Apartotel Obelisco(San Antonio De Belen)
TripAdvisor
1,944 results
All reviewscoffee plantationdriving rangebeautiful hotelthe executive loungecosta ricasan joseclose to the airportperuvian restaurantla isabelabeautiful groundsgift shoptennis courtssports barhacienda stylegolf coursemain restaurantindustrial area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2008

This Hotel is beautiful, amazing, and plush. The food is excellent as are the staff, grounds, and accommodations. I stayed here twice during our visit to Costa Rica and am looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2008

It is a beautiful hotel - gorgeous grounds. Very convenient with shuttles and taxis easy to get. The restaurant was excellent - buffet breakfast - so many choices! Temperature is so nice, we enjoyed eating on the porch- and stayed dry even when the rain came in.

The pools are beautiful too! San Jose is not like the rest of Costa Rica - so don't stay here all vacation, but an excellent place to get acclimated to a new country before you launch to your ultimate destination. Everyone speaks English here. Many tours will pick up and drop off here. We took the Ecoscapes Highlights tour with overnight option. Booked directly on the ecospaces website. Great way to get started. After that we took a grayline bus from the Marriott to our hotel in Manuel Antonio.

I would definately stay here again.

1  Thank MdWeekender
Reviewed July 5, 2008

Reservations made thru Marriott's owner services. Being Marriott
owners, Marriott's San Jose, Costa Rica is the finest Marriott's we have ever had the pleasure of staying at. We have stayed at many Marriott's Hotels and Resorts over the years, all being of the Marriott quality, but this by far is the jewel. We arrived May 27 for 11 wonderful nights. The staff was simply outstanding. The room and facilities beautiful, the food excellent. We had many requests for the Hotel starting months before our arrival and again during our stay. Each and every request was answered and met with professionalism, quality with a smile. I just today saw a review dated 6/23/08 acknowledging Marco and Ronald from the Hotel. Writer, you have it right on. We had the pleasure of meeting these two young men on the Concierges Lounge level each day and they were superior. Another young lady that deserves major credit is Melisa Boniche V., guest services in the executive office. She provided so much help putting all the things we requested together and making everything go so smoothly. Melisa, Marco and Ronald our definately all management material. I would also like to mention Carlos at the front desk and his valet staff, very professional and great at detail. There is one another person who made our adventure a real success, he is Jose Coto of CTT transportation services (they handle Marriott's transportation). Melisa set up Jose to be our personal guide for 7 straight days. We saw so much and had so much fun. He took us to the little known places that the average traveler would never find. He knows everybody, lots of history and is an excellant driver. He is like family now and we owe so much of a great time to him and Melisa. If you're going there he is a must, even for one day's fun. One last thing, I have never completed a public review before for any place or person. The Marriott's San Jose was so outstanding I wrote a two page letter to General Manager Alexandre Esmeraldo expressing our appreciation and
commending him and his abilities to produce such an excellent
team. Hat's off Sir, from one business man to another. If I ever buy a Hotel, I am coming after you.
Rodney and Robin Bosche', Novato, California

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank RodneyRobin
Reviewed July 3, 2008

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. My husband stayed here on business for a week before I joined him. I stayed one night before heading out to other parts of Costa Rica.

I was very nervous about arriving alone in a foreign country. But customs and immigration were very easy. And the man from the Marriott was right outside the entrance holding a big sign. Even though my name wasn't on the list for the shuttle (my husband was supposed to take care of this), I assured him I was staying there and he let me on the shuttle. I had to wait about 15 minutes. It was probably about a 10-15 minute drive to the hotel.

I was so impressed with this hotel right away. The grounds were immaculate, the pools very pretty (although I didn't swim in them), the rooms clean and modern, the beds comfy, the service excellent, the restaurants delicious. Everything was top-notch. This might very well be my favorite hotel now. It rates right up there with the Fairmont Scottsdale.

I loved the Antigua restaurant for breakfast. I had the Costa Rican breakfast and it was yummy. So much food. We sat on the patio with a beautiful view of the grounds and the mountains. We enjoyed the little coffee shop and bakery. They had a nice patio too. There was a great gift shop where we bought all our souvineers (t-shirts, coffee). We also enjoyed a drink (I think I had a coconut martini--delicious) at the main bar upstairs.

My husband said the internet connectivity was fairly reliable, but pricey. I think it was $15 a day for a wired connection. Not a big deal for him since his company paid for it. But we wouldn't pay that for just us to use for personal reasons.

My husband also went to the spa for a deep tissue massage and a men's facial. He said they were both excellent.

All right, so I think that covers everything, I hope. We truly loved this hotel. So much that we actually cut our stay short in Manuel Antonio to come back here for the last night of our trip. Our hotel in MA didn't have A/C, it was broken. So we got a refund for our last night there and came back to San Jose early. We loved our hotel in MA, but the lack of A/C was intolerable. It was like a whole new vacation coming back to the Marriott. Especially nice that we could sleep in and have a nice leisurely breakfast before heading to the airport for a long day of travel.

2  Thank Beth76
Reviewed June 23, 2008

Stayed in the Costa Rica Marriott three nights in June on the way to and back from the Los Suenos Marriott. The Costa Rica Marriott is in Heredia, very close to the airport. It is in a very nice area, we took a walk one morning to a nice mall which included a grocery store (MegaSuper). The hotel’s service was phenomenal. The staff is extremely nice – Marco at Concierge and Ronald in Executive Lounge. The room’s are built around an inner courtyard where you can stand and watch and hear the daily rain (it rained every day without fail in the late afternoon). If you plan to drive in San Jose, get a gps. Even then, it is tough navigating as streets don’t seem to be labelled. I had read that Central Market is for the locals, which it looks like at first glance. After being elsewhere, I realized the prices there were for the tourists. I paid $1200 colones for a horchata drink that I got later for $400. And Lizano Salsa was overpriced as well. It is fun to walk around the area (outside central market) and see the fruit vendors, etc. We ate at Manolo’s, famous for their churros – they had reasonable priced meals and good Costa Rican food.

2  Thank jalebi