It is a very short cab ride from the airport, which is a welcome relief after a long flight from the US. This is actually a former coffee plantation, and you can tell the moment you arrive. I was pleasantly surprised how quiet it was, given it's proximity to the airport. But you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere.
The old style rooms are very cool - the kids liked all of the decorations around the hotel. The restaurant was OK - mostly American fare. Good for the kids, but boring for the adults. But the service was great.
If you need to pass through San Jose, on to your travels elsewhere in the country, this is a great option. Much preferred versus navigating into the city. The traffic, noise, pollution - I have done that before and I'm glad we didn't do it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover striking architecture and impeccable accommodations at Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose. Our luxury hotel in San Jose, Costa Rica offers a magical backdrop for a leisurely or adventurous stay. One of the best hotels in Central America, as rated by Condé Nast, our hacienda resort sits nestled within a 30-acre coffee plantation and offers views of the mountains or the San Jose skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Rica Marriott San Jose
- Marriott San Antonio De Belen
- Marriott San Jose
- Marriott Costa Rica
- San Jose Marriott
- Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose San Antonio De Belen