We stayed here for 1 night before our flight home.
The pros: All the common areas are updated and clean, the beds were comfortable, the rooms were very spacious, the view of San Jose was beautiful, and the pools were really nice. We also used the free airport shuttle.
The cons: The hotel is BIG...almost too big... we almost got lost looking for the pool. The rooms aren't as updated as the common areas. The main restaurant (Tropicana) was so-so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a prime location just minutes from Juan Santamaria International Airport, visitors to Costa Rica's capital city will find the Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel and Convention Center the ideal retreat, with a wealth of amenities, an idyllic setting and world-class service. With downtown San Jose just minutes away, adventurous leisure travelers will enjoy magnificent natural attractions including the Poas and Arenal volcanoes, rainforest trails and a host of splendid cultural attractions, while business travelers will appreciate the close proximity to a number of prominent business addresses and Free Zones, as well as the hotel's impressive International Conference Center, making this San Jose, Costa Rica hotel the perfect choice for all travelers. Those seeking recreation will revel in a host of activities, including three sparkling outdoor pools, a fully equipped fitness center and special privileges at the nearby prestigious Cariari Country Club and Golf Resort, with 18-holes of golf and tennis courts. Guests craving relaxation can unwind in one of five Jacuzzis, enjoy a relaxing massage in the full-service spa or a respite in the sauna, while fun-seekers will enjoy the non-stop gaming at the on-site Fiesta Casino. With three restaurants and a stylish bar offering a variety of cuisines, guests can savor a host of food and beverage options and enjoy a daily bountiful, complimentary breakfast buffet. Guests arriving into Juan Santamaria International Airport can hop aboard the convenient free shuttle service, and the 24-hour business center and complimentary Wi-Fi affords guests the opportunity to stay productive. With an on-site beauty salon, gift shop, child-care services and more, the hotel offers everything a guest could need to make their stay as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Each of the hotel's 230 over-sized, smoke-free guest rooms features contemporary styling, a unique fusion of warm and cool tones and thoughtful amenities like a flat panel TV, free Wi-Fi, plush bedding and ultra-modern air conditioning. Superior Rooms offer breathtaking views of the lush gardens, while guests upgrading to the Executive Level enjoy a 42-inch LCD TV, a private lounge, secretarial services and complimentary happy hour. All of the spacious, airy Suites feature a Jacuzzi and separate sitting area, while those wishing to indulge in ultimate pampering will delight in the Honeymoon Suite with its own private sauna or the two-bedroom Presidential Suite with full kitchen and dining room. This San Jose, Costa Rica hotel features the state-of-the-art International Conference Center with over 28,320 square feet of meeting space. The event space ranges from an event room that accommodates up to 10 people, to the 12,800 square-foot Salon La Paz Ballroom that accommodates up to 840 people for a banquet or 110 10X10 foot exhibit booths. There is a Wyndham waiting 3 miles South from Juan Santamaria International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel and Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Herradura Hotel San Jose Metro
- Ramada San Antonio De Belen
- Ramada San Jose
- San Jose Ramada
- Plaza Herradura San Jose Ramada
- Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel And Convention Center Costa Rica/San Antonio De Belen