It is difficult to rate this property, because it depends so much on what you are really expecting out of it.
Is it close to the airport? Yes it is technically but it is all backcountry roads with no names or numbers and you only make turns based on landmarks (like all of CR, so be careful, or get a GPS) Time wise it may be the closest, but its in no way the easiest to get to from the airport, especially at night. One turn gets you to the highway to get into San Jose, but you do go out of your way if going back to the airport.
Is it in a nice town or area? Hard to say, the town its in is impossible to get around due to one way streets and no names on streets. There are some 'rough' areas that you find when you're lost, but where the hotel is seems pretty much like the rest of CR, not great, not bad. Just remember it is by the Panasonic factory and anyone can help you find that.
Does everyone have to stay by the airport when they are coming into CR or going?? Yes it seems the flights dictate an airport stay.
Is it worth the money?? No way. Over a hundred dollars for this? If you're ok with paying that much for a country feel to a motel 6 type inn, then go right ahead. Unfortunately we stayed at 3 places near the airport and not one of them were worth the money, so good luck finding one. I suggest using hotel rewards points since the 'americanized' hotels are very pricey in the area.
Is the service good, and the people friendly?? Absolutely. We got in very early in the morning and they had a room available for us so that we could take a nap after our overnight flight. You will not get that at a chain hotel for sure. Reception people spoke English well enough, but do not expect the other staff to be fluent.
Amenities. Room was nice and clean. The bed was definately on the hard side, although i was so tired I could have slept on the hard wood floors. We had a small fridge. Dark drapes to make it dark enough to sleep easy. Breakfast in the morning was fresh and half buffet style. Pool looked refreshing although we did not use it. Bring your own shampoo and soap if you are particular about that. I did not see the computer in the lobby as others had noted, and did not try to log onto their wifi, so verify that before you arrive if that is important. There is a large restaurant as you arrive on the property, but it is expensive (like all food in CR) we did not eat at.
Hopefully this review helps you decide what is important to your stay, and how long you will be there to decide for yourself. If I ever return to CR I will be heading out of the San Jose area as fast as my car will take me....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Rodeo is a Four-Star Boutique Hotel that replaces the impersonal atmosphere of hotel chains with Costa Rican charming warmth, plus exceptional service and great comfort in a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere. El Rodeo Boutique Hotel & Steak House is conveniently located 10 minutes away from Juan Santamaria International Airport, and in the heart of the latest, bustling business and commercial district, Santa Ana/San Antonio de Belen (Lindora). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Rodeo Estancia Boutique Hotel & Steakhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel El Rodeo Country San Antonio De Belen
- Country Inn San Antonio De Belen
- San Antonio De Belen Country Inn
- El Rodeo Country Hotel
- El Rodeo Estancia Boutique Hotel & Steakhouse Costa Rica/San Antonio De Belen