“Everything was perfect”

Terrazas de Golf Boutique Hotel
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Terrazas de Golf and Cecelia were our family's first landing point in Costa Rica and the experience could not have been more welcoming. From the moment we walked in to the lobby until we departed the next morning, we were treated like old friends. The space is beautiful, the small outdoor patio was perfect for our two boys (9 and 11) to stretch their legs until they could get outside and enjoy the beautiful grounds. Cecelia had wonderful recommendations, refreshments and brief tutorial for all of us on the country and surrounding area. It was an easy taxi ride from the airport and when we continued our trip the next morning we were refreshed, filled with ideas and energy and well fed.

For those of you traveling with kids, it's stressful enough coordinating things, getting the logistics right. Our whole experience with this hotel decreased our stress level, made things easy, and was a beautiful, tropical way to kick off the adventure.

Thank you for kicking off our trip with positive vibes.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Terrazasdegolf, Owner at Terrazas de Golf Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Sandra:
Thank you for taking your time and posting a review on Trip Advisor about your stay at TERRAZAS DE GOLF.
We are very pleased that your trip was perfect, and that we were part of "those positive vibes" at the beginning of your trip.
We loved meeting you and your kids. Very nice family!!!
Looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

My second stay at Terrazas de Golf and I liked it even more than my last visit. Cecile and her husband will help you with every need. In fact they will go out of their way to ensure you enjoy you stay.
This was for sure not my last visit.

Thanks to both of you for a truly special and unique experience.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Thanks Pascal for coming to our hotel. Thanks for expressing your feelings at Trip Advisor after staying with us.Thanks Pascal for choosing TERRAZAS DE GOLF as your home in Costa Rica. We are very glad for it!!!
We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I found this hotel through Trip Advisor, and was a BIT leery because all of the reviews were so positive. You know the old saying, "if it sounds too good to be true................." Well, all of the reviews were correct! Hotel Terrazas de Golf is fabulous! We cleared customs at the airport, and were met by Mario and his charming granddaughter Lucy (who was holding a sign with our name). They took us to the hotel, where Cecilia greeted us with big hugs. We instantly felt at home. Cecilia provided a refreshing fruit drink and cake when we arrived. And then she provided SO much information! She arranged a coffee plantation/volcano/ waterfall tour for us, and it was great. I highly recommend it! Prior to our arrival in Costa Rica, I sent MANY emails to Cecilia, requesting info about what to do, where to go, and how to get there. She could not have been more gracious in providing suggestions. She even arranged a rental car for us! We stayed in the suite with 2 queen beds and a private hot tub on the balcony. So romantic! And Cecilia added extra touches with chocolates, candles, and special towels with "love" monograms. Breakfast each morning was delicious. Our original plan was to stay in the San Jose area for one night when we arrived in Costa Rica and to stay again on our last night in the country. However, after discovering Hotel Terrazas de Golf on Trip Advisor and reading all the wonderful reviews, we decided to extend our stay to three nights upon arrival and for two nights at the end of our trip. We're so glad we did! There is plenty to do in the area, and Cecilia is great at providing "insider" tips. If you stay, be sure to ask how to get to the chocolate factory store--it's in walking distance and well worth visiting. The chocolate is wonderful, and they make it on site, so you know it's fresh. We had an early morning flight out, and Mario was ready with a smile to take us to the airport at some ridiculous hour. Since we would miss breakfast, Cecilia provided us with bagged meals to take with us. She also gave us a bagged lunch to take with us the day we left the hotel to head to the Caribbean. Our room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. The grounds are lovely and well maintained. We hope to return to Costa Rica one day, and we will definitely stay here again if we do!

Room Tip: I think we were in room 10, but it's the one with two queen beds and a private balcony with a ho...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Terrazasdegolf, Owner at Terrazas de Golf Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thanks Susan for taking your time for this review.
We were very pleased at TERRAZAS DE GOLF to host you for your honeymoon.
We are glad that you enjoyed the courtesies that we offer to honeymooners.
Thank you for coming to Costa Rica.
Thank you for choosing TERRAZAS DE GOLF for the beginning of your new life.
We wish you the best. We wish you happiness forever!!!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

If you are headed into or out of San Jose, Terrazas de Golf Boutique Hotel is a great place to stay. The owners are on-site managers and really care about you, the hotel and your stay. The hotel is new (I believe in 2012). It's beautifully furnished, warm and comfortable. There is plenty of hot water for a long, relaxing shower. The bed was great and the pillows were perfect.

I was offered breakfast with my room. The kitchen opened at 6 am. However, my flight was at 6am, so I had to leave the hotel at 3:45am. So, the owner asked me the night before what I'd like to have in my breakfast box, which would be ready for me when I woke up. Breakfast was ready, delicious and the coffee was hot! At 4 am, the owner drove me to the airport, and had a smile on his face even at that early hour.

The owner of the hotel picked me up in Downtown San Jose in his personal car when I came to stay with them. He drove me to his hotel, near the airport. He was a charming, affable man who made the hour plus drive during rush hour very pleasant, and acted as a tour guide along the way. When we arrived, his wife took me into a lounge area and brought me a drink to sip while I checked into the hotel. The service was impeccable and my overall experience couldn't have been better.

If you are coming into, or leaving from San Jose, I highly recommend this charming hotel. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I was in a room at the street side of the hotel, and it was perfectly quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thanks for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay at Terrazas de Golf Boutique Hotel.
Thank you for transmitting your feelings of a "Great Boutique Hotel".
Thanks for allowing us to serve you.
We were very pleased to do it
Cecilia Esquivel!

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

The second you get off your long flight to Costa Rica, and make it through immigration, baggage claim and customs, you are immediately reassured to see someone from the hotel holding a sign to pick you up and take you to what is one of the most charming open space hotel designs. Remodeled with loving detail, the rooms are large and comfortable. The homemade banana cake and pineapple drink that I was offered when I arrived at about 10:30 pm was perfect to erase all traces of travel fatigue. The hotel owner is incredibly gracious and knowledgable. She is also fluent in French. I only stayed one night as a layover for my trip to Aguila de Osa in the Osa peninsula area, but this hotel was perfect for my needs and I slept very comfortably. I felt bad that I wasn't hungry enough to have the breakfast they also make fresh for guests. I highly recommend this boutique hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Michelle:
Thank you for your nice commentaries. We appreciate them.
We are glad that you felt at home; we felt that we received our dear friend Michelle.
Thank you for coming to Costa Rica. Thank you for choosing TERRAZAS DE GOLF for the beginning of this "Pura Vida" experience!!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This was our first trip to Costa Rica. We stayed two nights, one on the way to Drake Bay and one on our return before flying out of San Jose. The hotel, actually a B & B, is beautiful. Everything is clean and convenient and the grounds are lovely. Cecelia and Mario are amazing hosts. She provided a lot of history and stories about Costa Rica and went out of her way to see that we were pleased with our stay. Mario drove us to and from the airport. We highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Terragolf, Owner at Terrazas de Golf Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Jim and Nacy:
Thank you so much for your review. We deeply appreciate all your kind words and especially, for taking time to express at TRIP ADVISOR your TERRAZAS DE GOLF experience.
We hope that you and the rest of the group, will have the opportunity to come back to Costa Rica. You know that you have your home here!!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This was my first time in a B&B; it's really a home on the golf course. Everything I read on Trip Advisor was true! Cecelia is the "hostess with the mostest". I was warmly greeted by name with a hug when I arrived on the free shuttle from the airport. My room was very clean, comfortable and spacious (bathroom a little small, but functional. Overlooking the golf course, and beautiful landscaping. They can set you up with a round of golf if you like. Free wifi and typical breakfast with eggs made to order. Each room has unique character. Satellite TV with a few English channels always helps. Cecilia offered to drive me to restaurants or pick up food for dinner; she even stayed up till midnight until I returned from dinner to be sure everything was ok. There's a Hard Rock Cafe a short walk away, and other restaurants nearby. Definitely worth the stay if you come in or go out of SJO.

Room Tip: Call or email beforehand cecelia to ask her which room would be best for you!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Terrazasdegolf, General Manager at Terrazas de Golf Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you very much for your concepts about TERRAZAS DE GOLF. Thank you for taking your valuable time to give a broad overview of the hotel
We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
It was an honor to host you during the Congress of Physical Therapy organized by Santa Paula University.
We loved your way of being, your dedication and commintment with people affected by physical problems.
Welcome any time!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio De Belen
Adventure Inn
Adventure Inn
#2 of 78 in San Jose
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jo...
#1 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Caria...
#2 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#4 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel...
#5 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport

Been to Terrazas de Golf Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!