“listen to your customers”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose
Liberia, Costa Rica
“listen to your customers”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

we enjoyed a nice stay here, but they did not offer any complimentary box breakfast for customers leaving to catch early flights. i asked the front desk and he simply said "no, order room service." My fiancee and I had just driven in from Liberia, a three hour drive, and we had the bad luck of hitting a rainstorm on our BMW motorcycle. Luckily i had already made a reservation ahead of time and reserved it with a credit card. Upon arrival, it was obvious that we both were extremely cold and wet from our travel. I asked the person at the desk if we could be shown to our room to get my fiancee a hot shower and then i would return to swipe my card and finish check in. He refused to show us to the room and said that i had to give them my credit card information first. They already had my info from my reservation and i did not see the problem in showing us immediately to our room given the circumstances, so we can warm up and then check in.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Carolina S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be. Carolina Salazar, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Fresno, California
Reviewed May 22, 2014

At first check-in and everything was good. Then woke up the first morning at 7 AM to here maids yelling and laughing out loud, so loud that even with ear plugs in I could here them. Then a loud bang as if a bomb went off, as if something was dropped. Obviously, these people do not care that you are sleeping. I stay at many hotels and I have never heard it so loud before 8 am before. Then even with the DO NOT DISTURB signs on, someone entered our room. They turned off the AC and set the alarm to go off at 3AM. Now I thought maybe I was dreaming, but we staid in the same room the night before and no alarm. So now magically our AC was turned off, literally a switch to turn it off, and our alarm went off at 3am. Even though we were in the room the night before and no alarm. The worst part is we went tell the girl at the front desk when checking out. First she didn't even ask how our stay was, and then when we told her our problems she just smiled and laughed at us. Saying that's what time the maids always get to work and she didn't seem to care how loud they were. I am a Hilton honors member and She didn't even care, so disappointing. We had better stays in places that we didn't use our Hilton honors points. Sad.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Carolina S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay and that your comfort was interrupted by our housekeeping staff. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay and we have addressed these issues you mentioned with our housekeeping team to ensure it doesn’t happen again. We’re sorry our front desk team didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be. Carolina Salazar, Director of Sales & Marketing.
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Unfriendly and cold staffs, especially the bellboy. Terrible planning on shuttle service and blame me for not squeezing in the shuttle when the shuttle is already full. I have never see such an arrogant staff in a hotel.

Britts shop staff told me that they are selling cheaper Britts product compare to outside which is not true. I went to Walmart and it is like 30% cheaper.

The breakfast is good and waiter/waitress are warm and provide good service. That is the only good part of the hotel.

Room conditions are bad and worn out. Air-con vent has different kind of bugs dropping everyday.

I will definitely not stay here again for my next business trip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Carolina S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
I'm so sorry for your poor experience this week at our hotel. Please be assured I will be discussing your comments with our management team to work on immediate improvements. We take pride in providing the best in lodging and service so our lapses during your stay are being taken very seriously. I would be delighted to be of assistance in this matter if you would like to contact me. Again, on behalf of the staff and management - I offer our apologies. Jorge Gutierrez, General Manager.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Beautiful landscaping, pool area and outside covered dining and bar make this a must stop before or after any costa rica vacation originating from San Jose. Enjoy the complimentary breakfast buffet poolside- juices, pastries, made to order waffles, omelets along side the traditional local fav rice and beans. Excellent staff and comfy pool side rooms welcome all guests to this great Doubletree property. Warm chocolate chip cookies greet every traveler upon request. Free gated parking a real bonus.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms overlook pool and dining.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Carolina S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Your comments about your stay at [INSERT HOTEL NAME] made me smile. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable (along with our great location). Hope to see you again soon! Carolina Salazar, Director of Sales & Marketing.
Cariari, Costa Rica
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Most of the bell boy has attitude problem and not friendly at all. They only smile and greet to some people and not everyone and I was the unlucky one. Not to mention poor shuttle service planning. Room has unknown bugs coming from no where everyday. Restaurant waiter and waitress are friendly!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review of your past stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible. We’re sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and we’ve shared your comments with our team so we can do a better job. The next time you travel to San Jose, we hope that you’ll be our guest again. Carolina Salazar, Director of Sales & Marketing.
Austin, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2014

excellent hotel, wonderful setting and the staff are all friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the outdoor, covered restaurant area is a delightful way to start your day. Good food, lots of variety and attentive staff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Carolina S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Your comments about your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose made me smile. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable (along with our great location). Hope to see you again soon. Carolina Salazar, Director of Sales & Marketing.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my mother and aunt. The rooms were nice and comfy but the room did have a musty smell. Most of the places I stayed in Costa Rica did have this same musty smell due to all the rain during the rainy season. I felt very safe at the hotel and enjoyed the pool, restaurant and bar. The area around the hotel seemed very safe also. We walked to the mall and other shops and never felt unsafe. My mother and I left early for our flight back home and my aunt had a later flight. She told us after we all got home that someone tried to come into the room but failed due to the security bolt. It is a shame that this hotel has security issues because it is a nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your experience with your guest room. At DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose, we often utilize guest reviews to help us improve our hotel operations. We’ve reviewed your feedback with our hotel team and are now actively taking steps to improve. We appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Costa Rica. Carolina Salazar, Director of Sales & Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio De Belen
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jo...
#1 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport
Xandari Resort & Spa
Xandari Resort & Spa
#1 of 27 in Alajuela
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel...
#6 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Adventure Inn
Adventure Inn
#2 of 76 in San Jose
Hotel Presidente
Hotel Presidente
#5 of 76 in San Jose

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose? Share your experiences!