DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The room was very clean, two sinks - one in the bathroom and one right outside which was very convinent.
First time doing the Hotwire mystery deal and got this place, very happy and close to the airport. Easy check in and check out, and secured parking is a major bonus.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Margie_Aristy, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thanks for your comments. Whenever you’re in San Jose, stop by the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. We’ll take good care of you. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Ther service at this Double Tree was great. Not speaking much spanish, they were very accomodating. They have a neat little shop that sells souvenirs priced similar to items sold at the airport. The room was musty like many hotel rooms in Central America and the Carribean but it was very clean and well stocked when I returned each evening. The breakfast is pretty good, however, I do feel like I got sick from the breakfast on my last full day there. I can't be certain for this but that's my gut feeling since it was the only thing I had eaten that morning. Took me a few days to get over once I got back in the states. The gym was great as well. Many fitness options and tvs on the treadmills which is a plus. Overall, great stay and would stay here again if I get the chance.

Room Tip: Be careful what you eat. Don't eat items on the breakfast buffet that look like they have been s...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. I’m happy to hear that our service and our great amenities made your stay more comfortable. Hope to see you again soon. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The basics of what a higher end hotel should provide are a bit neglected here.
Sure, the chocolate chip cookie on check-in is a nice gesture, but you want to charge me $15 a day for internet in the room...
$26 dollars each for breakfast...
Luckily there is no extra charge for the guys outside my room in the pool area for hours making tons of noise setting up tents for someones party the next day or the fact that we could not go out our door to go to the pool,
or the mold in the bathroom
I have stayed here before a few times, and am in costa rica about 4 months of the year during maybe 8 trips or so. I have stayed in many of the hotels here in the central valley. I would give it 4 points if I was not paying big $.
It depends on what you are looking for I guess. If you want a big pool area this is a good choice.
The staff is great and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jackstraw66

Thank you for your honest review of your recent stay with us. At DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose, we like to provide a personalized experience for each of our guests, but also look for ways to keep costs low while providing comfort and convenience. We appreciate your feedback and we’ll keep it in mind as we work to make our services better. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Don't stay in this hotel. The rooms smell and the plumbing doesn't work. Sinks and bathtubs do not drain. Complaints to the management were essentially ignored. After several days, my team checked out and we moved to another hotel. Do yourself a favor, don't check-in. Find another hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Margie_Aristy, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

I appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that when you first arrived to our hotel you found an unpleasant odor in your room. I can assure you that this is this is not typical of the high standards we strive to maintain and sincerely apologize for this. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.
On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.
Thank you, Jorge Gutierrez, General Manager.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed there several times and each time it gets better and better. Both the hot water and air conditioner worked great although the room air tended to be a little musty at best. No problem sleeping if you are on the interior circle of rooms. Service is friendly, especially in the bar and breakfast areas! Guys out front are very helpful to a foreigner!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Margie_Aristy, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at Doubletree by Hilton Cariari San Jose! I’m so glad you were able to experience our warm hospitality. We can’t wait to see you again soon. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed at his hotel during a recent business trip to San Jose. The hotel is an older facility that has been renovated by Hilton. It has a nice and spacious pool area, restaurants/bars, casino, business center, gym, spa, etc. The service staff is courteous, polite and friendly. The hotel is strategically located just 15 minutes from the airport in the Cariari suburb, adjacent to the Cariari Golf & Country Club, and a short walk to restaurants, grocery stores, etc. This is not an ideal location for tourists, but a practical stop-over point for connecting travelers and those conducting business in the area. If you need more than one room, consider renting the lavish 2 bedroom/2 bathroom Presidential Suite, which is equipped with a living room, dining area, 4-person Jacuzzi, sauna, and easily sleeps 6.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Margie_Aristy, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I've enjoyed this property on a few occasions. I enjoy the rooms, meals, and especially the location to my business. Overall, I will recommend this property. Opportunity to improve is in your shuttling to/from the airport. I waited 1 hour outside in a foreign country for my ride which never came. I eventually had to catch a cab. At the hotel, the desk clerk apologized and explained they had a later pick up which coincided with my colleagues arrival. Turns out, they didn't pick him later, either. Double bummer...especially since it is a paid shuttle.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. We are sorry that the transportation service was a concern during your time with us. We’ve touched base with our provider to make sure that they are aware of the incident and to be sure this won't be a problem in the future. Thank you for your comments. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio De Belen
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jo...
#1 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel...
#5 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Adventure Inn
Adventure Inn
#2 of 78 in San Jose
Barcelo San Jose
Barcelo San Jose
#12 of 78 in San Jose
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#4 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose? Share your experiences!